Dirty Hacks Pack. Edition #5

I saw that your stomach code was mainlined, good job Reaper!!!

Something else?

Something else?

You could try doing the blood rework, I believe that’s a very worthwhile project.
I also believe, that it could use code very similar to what you wrote fro the stomach.

[quote=“Snaaty, post:23, topic:6949”]You could try doing the blood rework, I believe that’s a very worthwhile project.
I also believe, that it could use code very similar to what you wrote fro the stomach.[/quote]
I want rework health and wounds system for player: class “body” with list of wounds, blood level, ability to cut off arms/legs, artificial limb etc.

After rework of monster groups i can’t merge with mainline because hordes is broken. DHP become fork.

Fix hordes plz and mainline it.

You can play with hordes in mainline, but it works another way. Horde has no union structure now. They works like a zeds. They split one big group to many little group with radius = 1, “because performance. It’s really bad when with a vector.”. Ha ha. You had 20 hordes how you have 200 “hordes” + if i for move horde just do posx++ they first delete it from list, then put it to list. Horde not work as “horde” now in mainline. You can get attention of few zed groups. In the original idea horde moves the herd instinct and you may get attention of one or more groups of 80-360 zombie.
Also mainline have problem many hordes on one map cell.

I write nested inventory. Add iuse entity, copy-paste some iuse::boots code, few fixes…

Edition #5.

• Bolas
  • Tweaks
  • Fixes
  • Nested items

Nested items? Is it like storing a knife in a boot or can you select from a few items in a single container?

Yes. You can store all you tools/trash to backpack/jeans/case/any clothes with storage like a knife in boots. After it you can’t use storage of backpack in main inventory but you can quick drop it. Crafting code see it item, but if you reload gun it can’t see ammo.

Yes. You can store all you tools/trash to backpack/jeans/case/any clothes with storage like a knife in boots. After it you can’t use storage of backpack in main inventory but you can quick drop it. Crafting code see it item, but if you reload gun it can’t see ammo.[/quote]

That’s sad, those problems mean that it still isn’t 100% functional and won’t be mainlined :frowning:

How to deal with depression? It just constantly tanks my morale even though I drink a lot, get varied diet, read lots of books, smoke weed everyday.

Depression grow if average morale<=0.
What is you depression penalty now?
If you has -100 penalty - you must keep average morale 50 for 100 hours. 100 morale - 50 hours.
Mechanism is next. Every 30 minutes calc average morale. if avg.morale > 0 depression reduce to avg.morale / 10 + 1 else - increase to avg.morale / 10 + 2.
If you have no morale bonuses you morale reduced by depression / 10 else depression penalty less, or you have no them if you have good morale boost.

Does the depression penalty get counted when calculating average morale? Morale bonuses disappear so fast, so it seems like if I go half a day without getting drunk I’ll crash into depression and not be able to offset it even with books/drugs/tasty meals. My character just got eaten by ants but he had -60 depression penalty after taking a half-day scavenging mission.

Hmm. 6 hours = 12 checks. To get 600 depression points you need -500 avg.morale. (/10 = -50 per half hour). May be you use outdated exe?

Does pain affect depression? I was playing a failed cyborg last time but my new character it seems more manageable.

Does pain affect depression?
No.

Okay, depression’s acting really funny for me. It seems that once I make myself happy, as soon as the positive morale effects wear off depression jumps right back to where it was. I just went from “You think life isn’t so bad” to -44 from depression in a single 30 minute tick. It seems that all I can do is briefly remove depression with drugs/books/food only to have it shoot back down to where it was and slowly continue to get more and more severe. I don’t think this is working as intended.

My .exe is the one I got from this thread. 0.A - 5088-g9e7c2d8-dirty

You can peek at the action log saying “… is not so bad”. That’s from when I was 50 morale with zero depression. That changed in the time it took to disassemble a bed. This seems to happen in all my games, I just wasn’t sure what was going on because new features can always be confusing to figure out. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Last build is 0.A-5519-ga5ec628-drity
Back up saves, exe, download last exe (link in top post). Maybe this depression not balanced.