Custom Professions Mod

I might as well mainline the while thing as mod then. I just have no idea how.

Get yourself a github account and follow the instructions in contributing.md to create a clone of cataclysm’s repository on github.

Then get either git bash or smartgit to download the repository to your local hard drive.

Create a new branch for your changes, drop the mod into your local repository, stage the files and make a commit, push that commit to your github repository and then create a Pull Request on github and submit it to the upstream master.

It’s a process that’s daunting on the surface, but surprisingly easy once you get the hang of it. If you can navigate and modify the .json files, you can definitely handle github, especially since github comes with actual help files and full documentation. I’ll be happy to assist you in getting started. This thread is a great resource as well, post any questions you have there and I or someone much, much more knowledgeable will help you out.

Edit: Alternatively, you could stop at the “Create a clone of the repository on github” stage and create files and directories and copy paste the text into the appropriate places in a new branch on your github repository, then submit that as a PR. I’m biased towards working locally.

Edit2: You’ll need to transform all the tabs in your files into spaces, thats part of the formatting rules for the project. I’d recommend opening everything in notepad++ and running tabs to spaces, located in Edit -> Blank Operations on each file. It’s quick and easy and will save you a mild headache during the PR process.

Update 4 ready for download!

Why doesn’t the one drive link work?

This mod (and its link) has not been maontained in a while.All but the joke professions were moved to my Cataclysm++ mod.

downloads broken

Most of the professions were moved to Cataclysm++ mod.