Custom Professions Mod

Is this still a valid mod? The box link isn’t working and I won’t get an account at onedrive…

It should still work. I am planing to update this soon. Lost interest since there was not much feed back.

Needed a url edit, should work now.

hmm…i tried that box link. It says the item is deleted or not available to me.

The box link should work if you have an account and the one drive one works without one.

I went ahead and started adding some classes that arn’t in the game right now. I also added some custom items for them as well. I’m still learning on how everything works but this is some of the stuff I’ve been doing.

{
	"type": "profession",
	"ident": "RC_DRIVER",
	"name": "Race Car Driver",
	"description":".",
	"points": 2,
	"traits": [
		"Profesional Racer"
	],
		"skills": [ 
			{ 
				"level": 4, 
				"name": "driving"
			}
		],			
	"items": {
		"both": [
			"helmet_racing",
			"racing_suit",
			"nomex_socks",
			"motorbike_boots"	
		],
		"male": [
			"briefs"
		],
		"female": [
			"bra",
			"panties"
		]

}
}
 [    {
    "type" : "ARMOR",
    "id" : "racing_suit",
    "name" : "Alpine Stars racing suit",
    "weight" : 2214,
    "color" : "dark_gray",
    "covers" : ["LEGS", "TORSO", "ARMS"],
    "to_hit" : -5,
    "storage" : 4,
    "symbol" : "[",
    "description" : "A nomex bodysuit made by Alpine Stars used in proffesional racing to protect againsed fire, it is layered for your protection but is supprisingly Light and comfortable.",
    "price" : 64000,
    "material" : ["nomex", "null"],
    "volume" : 26,
    "cutting" : 0,
    "warmth" : 25,
    "phase" : "solid",
    "encumbrance" : 13,
    "bashing" : 2,
    "flags" : ["VARSIZE", "RAINPROOF"],
    "coverage" : 95,
    "material_thickness" : 3
},
{
    "id" : "helmet_racing",
    "category" : "armor",
    "name" : "racing helmet",
    "weight" : 1487,
    "covers" : ["HEAD", "MOUTH"],
    "techniques" : ["WBLOCK_1"],
    "to_hit" : -1,
    "description" : "A sturdy helmet used in proffesional racing that covers your head and neck, the plastic visor can be used to block the sun's glare and any other harmfull effects",
    "price" : 42000,
    "material" : ["plastic", "nomex"],
    "volume" : 9,
    "warmth" : 30,
    "environmental_protection" : 1,
    "encumbrance" : 25,
    "bashing" : 7,
    "flags" : ["WATERPROOF", "STURDY"],
    "coverage" : 100,
    "material_thickness" : 6,
	"max_charges": 0,
    "initial_charges": 0,
    "charges_per_use": 0,
    "turns_per_charge": 0,
    "ammo": "NULL",
    "use_action": {
        "type": "transform",
        "msg": "You lower the visor",
        "target": "helmet_racing_visor"
    },
	"revert_to": "null"
},
{
    "id" : "helmet_racing_visor",
    "category" : "armor",
    "name" : "racing helmet (visor down) ",
    "weight" : 1487,
    "covers" : ["HEAD", "MOUTH", "EYES"],
    "techniques" : ["WBLOCK_1"],
    "to_hit" : -1,
    "description" : "A sturdy helmet used in proffesional racing that covers your head and neck, the plastic visor is lowered and will block the sun's glare",
    "price" : 42000,
    "material" : ["plastic", "nomex"],
    "volume" : 9,
    "warmth" : 30,
    "environmental_protection" : 4,
    "encumbrance" : 25,
    "bashing" : 7,
    "flags" : ["WATERPROOF", "STURDY", "SUN_GLASSES"],
	"qualities" : [["GLARE", 1]],
    "coverage" : 100,
    "material_thickness" : 6,
	"max_charges": 0,
    "initial_charges": 0,
    "charges_per_use": 0,
    "turns_per_charge": 0,
    "ammo": "NULL",
    "use_action": {
        "type": "transform",
        "msg": "You raise the visor",
        "target": "helmet_racing"
    },
	"revert_to": "helmet_racing"
},

I have other classes in mind but I’m still working on them. the only thing i don’t know how to add is a custom trait. I want the class to have less fumbling at higher speeds is my thought but I’m not to sure how to get that to work.

I also added a racing helmet that has a visor that way you can choose to have it encumber your eyes or give them protection. something I felt was missing from the normal biker helmet. that and a flame resistant suit that isn’t all leather.

Hope this helps or at least gets used somewhere tell me if there are balance issues. I based the class of off pizza delivery boy for 2 which gives 4 driving and 2 other skills, along with a messenger back and food. this class just gets the nomex suit, helmet, and driving skill.

• add a description if you can think of something witty

Have you actually tested your racing helmet? Spawn one, lower the visor. It should still show as not covering the eyes.

This is an ancient issue wherein the transform function fails to correctly change any differences in body parts covered.

I guess I have no excuses to not update this mod now. Next project stated.

Aw. ;w;

Previous post fixed…

If by showing that the eyes are covered yes. I tested it with the suns glare, a boomer explosion multiple times, and the encumbrance of your eyes increases from 0 to 25 when you activate the helmet. so I mean it works as intended I believe. at least what I wanted it to do.

I mostly wanted to have a kinda a saftey glasses effect to it to help block some attacks early game, I didn’t want it to be to powerful and block stuff like smoke or gass. so I mean It works as intended when I used it. tell me if there is something I need to change. I’m not too good at coding, if the custom trait “Profesional Racer” dosn’t work thats just cause idk how to add a new trait right now lol. it can be taken out though.

[spoiler]
I made a cannibal that costs 0, and starts with basic clothing and a hoodie, the trait cannibal, and a butchers knife with some jerk jerky. just something small even though you can do this by just selecting the trait I kinda wanted an actual profession for it.

I’m working on an Asylum Patient for -1 points that starts with a straight jacket but idk how to get bounding to work like the handcuffs like a time limit but instead of based on time its based on activating it to get free. the reason he is -1 points is because he has no pants just a straight jacket, glass shiv, hospital gown (that covers very little of his lower body), the trait schizophrenic, and some meds, however when I test him he has no items not even basic ones i put on him to test.

Lastly my friend suggested a Sky Diver, so I’m making a plastic cotton body suit that is rainproof, along with a parachute pack. my thought was its has as much space as a sling pack or a small backpack about half the volume, but it weights the same as a normal backpack, it can be used like the grappling hook’s effect where if you have it on you you dont take falling damage from jumping down mines or off building ect.

if I get them to work ill post them to make it easier, but if someone could help figure out how to make something like handcuffs that would help alot, we don’t actualy have an item for handcuffs or like rope bindings so if you wanted to tie up an npc or zombie you wouldn’t be able to. this is probly because they are weird but im not to worried, just thought it would be fun to have to break out of a straight jacket at the start of the game[/spoiler]

I swear I had updated this before…oh well. Updates for this mod have been made and ready for download! Check OP for more info.

Wandering back in to say that I managed to get the Parkour Practitioner mainlined. Also, call me dumb, but what does PL-SUB and OTT stand for?

Noted and PL-SUB means player-summision and OTT means out the top (unrealistic).

Update 3 is now live!

Wheeeee! Great to see you’re getting stuff mainlined Noctifer! Is Survivor mod next?

edit: I realize now that the parkour practitioner was railmonkey’s.

[quote=“Malkeus, post:36, topic:10439”]Wheeeee! Great to see you’re getting stuff mainlined Noctifer! Is Survivor mod next?

edit: I realize now that the parkour practitioner was railmonkey’s.[/quote]
Yeah, he mainlined it himself. I might mainline some stuff from the Survivor Mod eventually however.

The Emcampments™ would be pretty awesome to see in the base game, perhaps incorporated into the refugee center quest lines somehow. They’d most likely need to have the loot toned down even further to be accepted though. And the survivor gear is great stuff, could be end game crafting items for sure.

Modified Emcampments™ and the gear would be good. Maybe some of the weaponry? The Survivor Station also is one of my favorites.

You’d have to come up with some pretty convincing justification for mainlining an item that combines every crafting station in one vehicle tile. It’s worth a shot, but I won’t hold my breath. You could definitely swing it as a mod item though. I use it for the convenience, though mine has the storage of a cargo hold and acts like an aisle, for various cheaty reasons.