Combined Monstergroups Override (Updated 2/25/2016)

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m running about 21 mods. Several of those mods include monstergroups entries that overwrite entries from the core game, and they don’t play well with one another. I’ve combined everything into one mod that can be loaded last and will override everything above it. You will still need to download and install the mods for this to work, but it’s very simple to edit if you want to play without a particular mod.

Version 2/25/2016
Resolves conflicts between the following mods:

Dinomod - Included in Experimental (build 4425 was the most recent version I tested this mod with)
Bio-Weapons Mod - Update 22 - By Noctifer
Forgotten Races - Alpha 0.01 - By Malkeus
Pisskop’s Rebalance Mod - v0.70 - By Pisskop

This version will not conflict with the following mods, nor will they conflict with each other:

Jury-Rigged Robots - By Sunshine
Advanced Technologies - From Survivor Kane’s Junk

RAW Monsters Included:
Nightgaunt - Source Unknown - Added to GROUP_NETHER
Water Bear - By WallyKun - Added to GROUP_SWAMP, GROUP_RIVER, GROUP_FOREST

I made nothing and take no credit for anything but smashing it all together and packing it up.

All of these mods except for the nightgaunt monster can be found on the Mod List.

If you would like to customize it yourself to remove entries from a particular mod, open the cmg_monstergroups.json in any text editor and search for:

“//” : "

I’ve included comments detailing which monsters each mod adds.

Updates

[spoiler]
2-25-2016 - Updates from Pisskop’s Rebalance Mod 0.70

2-20-2016 - Updates from Pisskop’s Rebalance Mod 0.66
Altered filename, description and display name, shouldn’t affect current saves, the “ident” didn’t change.

2-18-2016 - Updates from Pisskop’s Rebalance Mod
Removed groups with no conflicting mod entries.
Rewrote the readme.

1-7-2016 - Updates from Bio-Weapons Mod ver 18[/spoiler]

[hr]
Download
Google Drive - Updated 2-25-2016
[hr]
Feel free to contact me ITT with any issues.

Updated to add support for Forgotten Races.

Not to pressure you or anything but is this up to date with PK’s re-balancing? His mycus/triffid expansion interests me.

o.o

yea, unfortunately they have to be manually meshed. fortunatrly thats a mechaically simple task

I think it gets complicated when you consider that the lists are simple weights.

Id be certainly interested in making this as easy as possible

o.o

yea, unfortunately they have to be manually meshed.

I think it gets complicated when you consider that the lists are simple weights.

Id be certainly interested in making this as easy as possible

[quote=“pisskop, post:4, topic:11144”]o.o

yea, unfortunately they have to be manually meshed. fortunatrly thats a mechaically simple task

Id be certainly interested in making this as easy as possible[/quote]
I can see that. Extensive list can be simple to merge but are time consuming.

I’ve updated this on my personal version, but I haven’t cleaned anything up or done any testing yet.
I’ve streamlined things a bit as well, I’m only including the groups that have conflicts now instead of compiling everything into one file. Seems to be working OK so far, let me know if you have any troubles.

I haven’t had much time to actually play the game lately, which is a shame, I want to give Artyom’s updated mod a try!

Google Drive
Untested Version -Updated on 2-17-2016 (Pisskop’s Rebalance, water bear, simplified format)

P.S. @pisskop The way you’ve been formatting the monstergroups is perfect for updating this mod, you’ve been keeping all your changes grouped up all nice and neat and easy to find. I keep hoping one day BevapDin will work his magic on monstergroups and give us “edit-mode” : “addition”, then this mod can be retired, or at least greatly simplified.

edit: This includes the water bear monster, which i believe inspired your tardigrade and it’s fungal version @pisskop, should be interesting to see them duke it out. :slight_smile:

Unless I am completely blind, this also requires Werty’s Mod but doesn’t mention it in either the readme or on the forum post.

I've updated this on my personal version, but I haven't cleaned anything up or done any testing yet.

Indeed, I had forgotten to mention that. Werty’s mod adds a couple zombie types to the very top of “GROUP_ZOMBIE”, “mon_zombie_age” and “mon_zombie_blind”. I don’t intend to include that in the newest release, iirc my version of werty’s mod is stripped down to almost nothing as most of it made it into the game already. I only have them on my system because I’m a sucker for more variety, even if it is tissue paper zombies that collapse when you breathe in their direction. I may simply port them over to the next release, like the waterbear and nightgaunt.

Anyway, it’s easy enough to cut the 3 lines out (2 for mon_zombie_age, 1 for mon_zombie_blind) in any text editor. Sorry for the inconvenience, I’ll do up a clean release over the weekend.

It’s no worries, I sliced them out after I figured out what mod they were coming from. Cheers for this, I’m so used to worrying about load order in my 500 mod skyrim build that I’d been meaning to ask if it had any importance in Cata.

Newer, cleaner version released, readme updated. Download in the OP.

Finally ready to make a new world.

:o

All of the monsters

Updated with data from Pisskop’s Rebalance, I’m honestly not certain if any of the groups I’m tracking were changed, I just did a quick copy paste job. Also changed the display name, filename and mod description to get rid of some stuff that wasn’t meant to be in there and reflect the actual content in-game without forcing you to read the readme. Updated readme with the changes as well.
On the subject of altering the “ident” field, I want to drop FR from it, but it would be an annoyance to all users and require editing either the save or the mod, so…meh.

Have fun with all your critters. :slight_smile:

Good, time to update again.

So you want to drop FR? Why?

I don’t want to drop support for the mod, just the FR trailing the ident field, sorry I wasn’t clear there. If I can ever get my shit together and put some time into Forgotten Races, I’ll be updating the mod. I keep getting hung up on filling out the equipment lists and I haven’t even started on the overmap specials which WILL allow me to drop support for FR from this mod. I get writers block every time I start doing something with it and end up PR’ing another tiny fix for something else or updating the mod list or looking into an issue or…you get the idea.

Tell em about it, I used to update my mods a lot but now…

"This isn’t even my final form!"
I think you should consider putting your mod up on github to be included in the mods that come with the game, especially if you feel like your creativity has hit a wall. You retain final say on any proposed changes that should come up, so you wouldn’t lose creative control.

I am cleaning things up to do just that. But I am going to wait until I have my new laptop some time soon.

Awesome!