Clothing Exploits?

I’m not sure if this is an exploitable bug or a deliberately coded wardrobe buff, but it seems funky to me…

I am currently wearing (all fitting) one tank top (-1) one tank top (-1) one trenchcoat (0) one under armor (-1), giving me a total torso encumberment of -2 (Melee and Dodge +2, attack speed -40). I’m not complaining, but it seems strange that wearing just a trenchcoat gives you nothing but a trenchcoat plus three underwears makes you into Spiderman. The only logical explanation I can think of is the neutralization of what must be truly grievous chaffing. As Red from Pineapple Express would say, “It makes me aerodynamic when I fight.” >_>

Don’t forget also that you can’t attack in less than 25(tic).
Don’t forget that after the first piece of clothe you put (per area), you add +0.5 for torso and +2 for other.
You can put only 2 time the same clothe.
Long underwear doesn’t use the second rule, if you put only one. (free bonus)

You can use Tank top, Under armor, Wool poncho, Jumpsuit (witch use legs too) to add -1.
Use only this to go to -5 :smiley: (and 140 warmth …)

Unarmed is 65, so putting to -1 mean it’s 45, then to -2 it’s 25, so from -2 to -5 it’s the same. (more is only usefull for weapon, but weapon sucks atm, martial art is way better)

You can also use Skirt (-2) + Long underwear (-1) + Sneakers (-1) to add (-9 + -5) to movement point.

Warmth balance this, if you get too hot, you loose global speed.

And if you want have fun also in the same way,
You can go up to 35-point-per-move instead of 100 if you use mutation, witch work with the 25-point-per-attack. now it’s really about spiderman :wink:

Eventually it’s planned to cap encumbrance at zero, so that wearing clothes with negative encumbrance doesn’t turn you into superman.

Then I hope the cap is applied only to the final score, so the negative-value gear is still somewhat useful.

That said, I don’t appreciate getting Heated out of my Army Pants, and consider the bonus to Dodge & move speed fair compensation. Not everyone has Shoes’ internal thermostat.

That was the idea, yes. Negative values would still be useful, this would just prevent the stacking of only negative gear to turn yourself into some sort of -demon-god in combat.

That was the idea, yes. Negative values would still be useful, this would just prevent the stacking of only negative gear to turn yourself into some sort of -demon-god in combat.[/quote]

Huh. I understood that extra clothing after the first assessed +1 encumbrance per, so the only item that would stack effectively would be Fitted Skirts, at -2 encumbrance.