Cataclysm++ Mod

Are you running experimental? this does not run on stable and this error seems familiar.

From Etherdreamer’s earlier post, I believe he is on stable. Join us Etherdreamer. If you’re running windows, I’d get an earlier experimental build like 4020 or so. I know for a fact 4008 works fine. It’s been a bit of a minefield the last few days, there was a crash bug and now vehicles aren’t spawning on windows systems. This is NOT representative of the usual state of affairs though, be not afraid.

Using stable u miss out on so much.
I also agree these past few days have been a bit random and this is not normal for cdda.

But the devs and people that contribute to cdda are bloody amazeing they truly are and the cdda comunity are very lucky.

Try experimentle its truly awesome.

I blame the holiday and fallout 4 :wink:

I blame Dwarf Fortress. o3o

1 Like

oh man, how could I forget dwarf fortress. It’s a perfect storm of procrastination, stress and preoccupation.

Da. Though my latest adventurer, a mooseman, has been reminding me of this game to an abnormal extent.

I using stable version, the experimental don´t even run for me (last build).

Dwarf Fortress I just resting from it, I never liked the avenure mode, but actually liked A LOT the “aventure mode” of CDDA, It is more enjoyable for me, maybe for the fact I was playing a lot the Necramunda mod for DF. (Only Fortress mode).
Also my favorite mod from DF is Masterwork DF, I just want something more futuristic right now, too much mid ages playing.

Btw is this mod is for experimental build, why was not stated in the op? So I was assuming it was made for stable version.

And so what build of experimental is “working”? Cause last version of experimental (Graphical) Don´t even start for me.

I use windows 8.1.

You mention other Bio-weapon mod, that one is compatible with this mod? Yeah I want it all!

I’m running 4038 now, works good on windows 7. Do you use avast antivirus? If so, you need to add an exception for cataclysm or it won’t start. If you aren’t using avast, what kind of error message do you get? There’s a debug.log in the config directory that can give good info as well.

Nope I don´t use antivirus, I have basic security notions and I don´t have troubles getting infections like most people, so is impossible it was the antivirus / firewall, I downloaded a new version and is working now (cataclysmdda-0.C-4039) that was uploaded just today.

It just have a message bug about you are saving in a “tutorial” map, and oc is not the tutorial map.

If it’s not stated otherwise, assume mods are built for the experimental versions. Very few people around here use the stable version once they get the hang of the game.

If a build doesn’t work, make a bug report on the issue tracker and keep trying new ones as they get built. Every once in awhile things like the crash bug on windows at the end of last week pop up, but they get fixed pretty quickly most of the time.

I guess I will put that this mod is to be used in the experimental in the Mod OP. As for the Bio-Weapon mod, it is compatible with this and other mods.

Thanks, I digging your 2 mods and well… I got mangled by an unexpected bioweapon early game inside a house I was going to loot… FUN

The bow suvivor is my favorite till now, it feel balanced imo, enough to fight early, but not that overpowered, but I can´t understand why “carefully shooting” miss so much, I guest is normal in this game and not exactly related to your mod.

Adding accesories to the bow and investing on archery skill should help with accuracy. The bow it uses requires skill to use.

Update 20 posted and ready for download!

This is a great mod Noctifer, I’m running a bio-weapon sniper right now, tearing my way through the land with an A7 in my hand. I’m going to try out one of the less op builds next time around, provided something manages to kill me. :slight_smile:

One quibble about the op, that darkblue text is super hard to read, I always have to highlight it to see what’s being said.

Ill will see if I can change it to a lighter color. Hope I don’t run out of colors eventually.

I can´t figure out how making the charcoal, carved into a can and charcoal never appears. can you be more specific how to do it? please.

It is a crafting recipe, if you look at the crafting menu for charcoal, you will see another recipe that requires a tin can and takes an hour to make.

Update 21 Is up! And I set up a little poll on the OP if you are interested.