Cataclysm++ Mod

got this error message when loading a world with the mod enabled. what does it mean?

DEBUG : Error: Json error: data/mods//nocts_cata_mod-master/Surv_help/c_spells.json:12:32: missing mandatory member “shape”

"max_damage": 50,
"base_casting_time": 200,
"effect": "recover_energy",
                           ^
"effect_str": "BIONIC",
"extra_effects": [ { "id": "c_cbm_rtg_induction_2", "hit_self": true }, { "id": "c_cbm_rtg_induction_3", "hit_self": true } ]

},

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::new_character_tab()
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 861

That means some object defined in some mod is missing some mandatory member.

1 Like

I see, Is there any way I can find the member?

You cannot find it - it is missing from the file, so you need to add it there. Location of the object where it needs to be added is shown in error message.

1 Like

I get this message: DEBUG : Error: data/mods//nocts_cata_mod-master/legacy.json: line 189:61: requested non-existing member “str”

"id": "encyclopedia_barter",
"type": "BOOK",
"name": { "str_sp": "Rebuilding Civilization: Barter" },
                                                        ^
"description": "The bartering volume of the Rebuilding Civilization encyclopedia.  This book contains everything from what supplies are worth more after the cataclysm to what economic system to use in your new society in fine detail.  B

LINE : 781

when I try to run a world with cataclysm++. I’m using the launcher, if it makes a difference.

You are using incompatible mod and game version.

Oh, ok. What mod version do I need, or, what game version do I need? Is cataclysm++ compatible with the latest version of the game?

Ok, I have a new issue (I think): I’m using Goat’s community compilation now, but I get this error: DEBUG : Error: data/mods//Unlesh_The_Mods/mods/nocts_cata_mod-master/Char_creation/c_start_locations.json: line 3:30: must specify either id or abstract

[
{
“type”: “start_location”,
^
“id”: “surv_camp_l”,
“name”: “Survivor Camp Site”,
“terrain”: [ “surv_camp” ]

Change ‘id’ to ‘ident’, that should fix it.

I changed all the ids to ident, which definitely fixed that problem, but now it’s giving me this: DEBUG : Error: data/mods//Unlesh_The_Mods/mods/nocts_cata_mod-master/Char_creation/c_start_locations.json: line 5:34: missing mandatory member “target”

"type": "start_location",
"ident": "surv_camp_l",
"name": "Survivor Camp Site",
                             ^
"terrain": [ "surv_camp" ]

},
{

It seems like maybe it’s using an old format, because none of the default start locations have this “terrain” type?

You are using incompatible mod and game version. Either update your game or downgrade mod version.

Hey, really interested in the mod but it hasn’t been working for me using the recent experimental versions. I keep getting

DEBUG : itype ‘mx_laser_sniper_ups’ uses undefined flag ‘NO_AMMO’. Please add corresponding ‘json_flag’ entry to json.

FUNCTION : Item_factory::finalize_post(itype&)::<lambda(const string&)>
FILE : src/item_factory.cpp
LINE : 504

The No_Ammo flag is an error thats repeated over multiple weapons, another is “BOOTS” flag undefined. How exactly do I fix these errors, do I just ignore them all?

Possible solution is in the error message.

And how would I go about resolving it if I have no clue where to begin or whats its talking about?

Looked into the error and added NO_AMMO and BOOTS to cdda json_flags json file and Im still getting the world gen error, what could the issue be?

#44694 removed the NO_AMMO flag because it didn’t do anything (no C++ code to support it). I don’t know about the BOOTS flag, but suspect it is also dead.

I recommend going through the json files in the Cataclysm++ Mod and delete these two flags from all of the items that have them. That should fix the problem.

Look into error message text - it usually shows what’s wrong and how it can be fixed.

I’ll look into this soon

Hm, okay dude. Thanks for the advice, will the weapons that have NO_AMMO flags on them still not require ammo? I dont know what flags do to begin with so I guess like you said, they arent supposed to since its not supported

Bahaha, are you trolling me? Your replies are so animated dude