Cataclysm++ Mod

I had a rough day today and the rest of the week looks not so bright either, won’t be able to work on this until the weekend. Sorry in advance.

Agreed, the Survivor’s Crank Rifle is pretty much god-mode. I did not participate in the updated survey because I think this mod really just needs to be balanced a lot better before any new content is added.

On laser weapons.

is there a list somewhere with things the mods adds/changes?

Either first post of current thread or https://github.com/Noctifer-de-Mortem/nocs_cata_mod/blob/master/README.md

The mod’s readme has that info.

The mod’s readme has that info.[/quote]

ty

Updated the onedrive link and made a release for github. Mostly spellchecks and balancing of laser weapons and a fix of scenarios due to the blacklisting professions PR in github.

For some reason Bio-weapon labs and Unknown Labs aren’t spawning. Command centers do, but that’s it. At first I thought it was due to other mods, but I tested this by removing everything but the core game files and Cata++ and yet they’re still not spawning. Even if I try to start a bio-weapon scenario, no matter how many times I try the game can never find a lab to start me in.

Sadly, this is not an issue with the mod but with the game. Bio-weapon labs and Unknown Labs are mandatory items but there is a limit of 72 mandatory buildings per map, meaning that off all the mandatory building generated, only 72 will get to stay and if one of them is not a Bio-weapon lab or Unknown Lab then it won’t spawn…

Yeah, that’s why I specified that I removed all other mods and tested with only your mod and the core game files. It’s not throwing up any errors at all, not even the one for overmap specials, and yet they’re not spawning. Even if your mod alone was pushing it over 72 (which it doesn’t appear to be), a lab should still spawn on an overmap eventually, but even if I sit there and retry hundreds of times the game fails to find one.

Yeah, that’s why I specified that I removed all other mods and tested with only your mod and the core game files. It’s not throwing up any errors at all, not even the one for overmap specials, and yet they’re not spawning. Even if your mod alone was pushing it over 72 (which it doesn’t appear to be), a lab should still spawn on an overmap eventually, but even if I sit there and retry hundreds of times the game fails to find one.[/quote]
Oh ok, I see. Let me do some test spawn to see if can reproduce and find the issue.

Yeah, that’s why I specified that I removed all other mods and tested with only your mod and the core game files. It’s not throwing up any errors at all, not even the one for overmap specials, and yet they’re not spawning. Even if your mod alone was pushing it over 72 (which it doesn’t appear to be), a lab should still spawn on an overmap eventually, but even if I sit there and retry hundreds of times the game fails to find one.[/quote]
Oh ok, I see. Let me do some test spawn to see if can reproduce and find the issue.[/quote]

This is also happening to me. any news?

After messing around for a while with the files. It appears to be that the format for buildings changed. I need to find the correct format and change all buildings.

ty for the update so fast. could you post again when it fixed?

Yeah, I’ll try to get it fix soon, hopefully this weekend.

Good news! I have fixed the issues with building not spawning! Download the latest version via onedrive, see the changelog via the github link or download via remroy’s launcher; all 3 places will host the same version from now on. Go to OP to see further details.

Thanks for fixing it! it seems to be working fine now. gonna much about in it

Issue with the current experimentals noted, The introduction of a new flag to vehicle parts and changes to overmap has cause load issues. Fixes are on the way.

Issue has been fixed! Use the OP’s github link for changelog and more details before download or use the onedrive link to simply download and play. Thank you for your continued support!