Cataclysm DDA Version 0.2

Windows Download
Mac Download
Source is available at www.github.com/TheDarklingWolf/Cataclysm-DDA.git as always.

Mostly behind the scenes changes and fixes this release.
The biggest new thing is the reworked spawning option, you can now choose to use a static spawn system, wherein the game spawns all of the zombies as soon as the game starts, this means you can clear out a section of town and it will stay more or less cleared.

We also have a new inventory menu that allows you to do such things as unload items from your inventory, no more need to manually wield those hundred flashlights.

Also the beginning of a rework of input code, this has had the undesired side effect of breaking the use of the escape key to exit menus, you’ll need to use space bar.

Finally, a new machine has been added to hospitals as a nice, if rather grisly, solution to losing limbs.

ooohh, another machine to lure zombies into?

Nah, this one is on the beneficial side of things.

Ahh, damn it! And i just recorded V.1 adventures!

…and by that, I mean - naturally - that the amount of positive changes since the last version I’ve played was already insane, and the rate at which this project is updated is commendable, to say the least.

This is amazing, thank you for making progress at this rate.

I think the option for turning static spawn on is not availble in the windows version.

It’s appearing for me, right at the bottom of the options menu. You might need to delete your options file.

Strange, I only see the comment without the option below.

I fucking love you

You can thank KevinGranade for that change.

I fucking love Kevin. And you. And all the devs. and all people here No

I’ve been trying out the static spawn. I think an issue right now is that it also statically spawns the special zombies, including the Incredible Hulk and the Brute. With the addition of bushes (AKA, nature’s windows), brutes can be handled at level 0, but not the Hulk. In my newest game, I lucked out and found surface lava to lure the Hulk in to kill it.

I’ve been thinking about it, and it might be a little complex to execute, I don’t know, but is it possible to increase/decrease spawn rates based on your characters total levels and/or surroundings? (example, Total level + nearby buildings in x tile radius/time of day +???) That way, the survivor doesn’t get entirely eviscerated at level 0 unless they get REALLY unlucky.

2-3 zombies should respawn every night, even if you cleaned the hood with your MAC full of bullets that kill NPCS zombies and wolves and fucking cougars

Actually, i was thinking about the wildlife as well. Hopefully the wild flora and fauna respawn, or you will have a lot of issues when foraging for food. I haven’t played the new version long enough to see if that’s the case, though.

Anyone who’s downloaded should redownload. A few crash bugs sneaked in.

0.2 already??? You guys have been busy XD

Can’t wait to try out the new spawning, have a pint on me!

Updated with Mac executable. For all three Mac users out there.

[quote=“Lost, post:12, topic:346”]I’ve been trying out the static spawn. I think an issue right now is that it also statically spawns the special zombies, including the Incredible Hulk and the Brute. With the addition of bushes (AKA, nature’s windows), brutes can be handled at level 0, but not the Hulk. In my newest game, I lucked out and found surface lava to lure the Hulk in to kill it.

I’ve been thinking about it, and it might be a little complex to execute, I don’t know, but is it possible to increase/decrease spawn rates based on your characters total levels and/or surroundings? (example, Total level + nearby buildings in x tile radius/time of day +???) That way, the survivor doesn’t get entirely eviscerated at level 0 unless they get REALLY unlucky.[/quote]

It’s just a concern you need to have with static spawn mode. You absolutely cannot go deep into a town w/o a gun, good vehicle, strong stims & Painkillers, and possibly high Traps for bear traps & Nailboards. Essentially if you can’t scrape it from the outer couple tiles you have to leave and come back later.

I guess a night-time raid to a gun store is an option - making copious use of sewers. Also NPCs can probably help out a lot.

That’s the problem, though. I’m right now in a little hodunk town with a lava pit nearby, and I’ve managed to lure about three hulks and who knows how many brutes into it. Five days of hit and run and I’ve barely broken three houses in.