Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.B Brin released. (Now with MAC builds!)

Huzzah! 0.B comes with proper punctuation!

Congrats lads, you’re once again in our sights!
Thanx (especially) for improved (proper) window handling and, none the less, c++11 switch. :smiley:

You’ve established your cred; meaning you’re nothing short of opensource heroes.
RLs love you. :slight_smile:

Version handling only gets invoked once per release, so it tends to bitrot, and I’m so sleep-deprived by the time the actual release happens that I can’t be arsed to try and fix it, so funky version number.

Also, we have mac builds care of mrfrostee on reddit, see OP for links.

Yeaaaahhhh boooouuuyyyy! Party time! I swear this game gets the best updates than any other game out there.

You want speed? We brought the speed.
I - no. Speed is right.
You want more buildings?
No.
More configurable difficulty? got it.
I can configure number of animals/food in forest? I can turn on more 'smart' hordes? I have problems with tools now? You write "got it". Where it? Of course i can write it, but your game not support it. Do more config things, guys. Spawn rate for monsters and items + few mods it is not configurable difficulty. In any case it is not solve problem.
Better menus? Way better menus. Mutation chains to explore? Tons of em. More guns? yep. More things to bolt on your deathmobile? All over the place.
I don't need it all.

I want to see:

1. Code cleaning. (Is it not hard. Just do a plan.)
  2. Remove all crazy unrealistic things.
  3. Balance.
  4. Ability to (!)surviving.

Why did you bother to post that post Reaper? Like if you wanna discuss specific suggestions instead of hella-generic ones like “balance the game” then feel free to open up threads in the Drawing Board or Github and I’ll happily post back and forth with you on what my opinions for the direction the game should go in all day (and I’m sure the other devs would happily chime in too). But all I’m seeing in that post is mindless bitching.

You want to make useful, specific suggestions that’s fine, the Drawing Board and Github are both always open. But bitching in the release thread because our vision of the game’s future is different than yours isn’t something I can condone in any way, shape, or form.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the Mac builds, this is the coolest roguelike I’ve ever played!

A note to mac users who use a CASE SENSITIVE filesystem (rare but we’re out there) - you’ll need to edit the info.plist file located in CataclysmX.app to be named Info.plist in order for the mac builds to run for you.

Also I needed to install homebrew and run
brew install sdl2 sdl2_ttf sdl2_image lua lua51

but after that things were marvelous!!! Very cool improvements I can’t believe this is only the B!

Does this version inculed the Zlave???
Actually I don’t care it still cool!!!

Hey. I’m a Mac user so I know I deserve no sympathy, but I cannot get the new builds to work. I was able to run 0.A easily enough from the terminal, but these .apps fail to launch (tiles and curses). The tiles version gives this fault (in console):

Line 7 Segmentation fault: 11

I installed xcode, dev tools, command line tools, homebrew and got gcc and the other libraries/pre-requisites listed above by BluePirot. I am using 10.7.9 (the build file seems to suggest that CDDA supports 10.7 and up). I am not sure why they won’t run. I would love to try tiles, but I’d settle just to play ascii 0.B at the moment. I even attempted to compile it, but I ran into user-stupidity issues.

Could anyone talk me through this or possibly put up a build like the 0.A build (without the executable) as that one worked just fine.

Thanks so much. What a game.

the new 0.B keeps crashing on start up. last version worked fine. any ideas? thanks! Windows SDL/ Tile build. Curses 0.B works perfectly though.

[quote=“danlett, post:49, topic:7916”]Hey. I’m a Mac user so I know I deserve no sympathy, but I cannot get the new builds to work. I was able to run 0.A easily enough from the terminal, but these .apps fail to launch (tiles and curses). The tiles version gives this fault (in console):

Line 7 Segmentation fault: 11

I installed xcode, dev tools, command line tools, homebrew and got gcc and the other libraries/pre-requisites listed above by BluePirot. I am using 10.7.9 (the build file seems to suggest that CDDA supports 10.7 and up). I am not sure why they won’t run. I would love to try tiles, but I’d settle just to play ascii 0.B at the moment. I even attempted to compile it, but I ran into user-stupidity issues.

Could anyone talk me through this or possibly put up a build like the 0.A build (without the executable) as that one worked just fine.

Thanks so much. What a game.[/quote]

Can’t launch 0.B either. You can use the Wineskin Winery to run Windows version, that works for me.

And here I was deep in a Let’s Play of a random experimental build.

Time to start a new one. :smiley:

Hi, this might be a stupid question, but I’ve started playing on 0.B 2463, can I update to 2464 without deleting my character/world?

Cheers

Copy save and your config folder

Delete everything in CDDA folder

DL new version and unzip it in new folder

Paste save folder and config folder

Done!

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:54, topic:7916”]Copy save and your config folder

Delete everything in CDDA folder

DL new version and unzip it in new folder

Paste save folder and config folder

Done![/quote]

Keep your old version Just In Case. We only have stables and the 10 most recent experimentals, so in the unlikely event you grab one that’s Not Working, better to have a backup to which to revert.

Just wanna say, i’m to blame (thank?) for the switch to SDL 2.0. I know it caused a lot of headaches all around, so sorry for that.

Blah, when I suggested SDL to cope with Tiles version (then TBA) issues, the 2.0 was just released. :slight_smile:
A great push forth and a great inspiration for some future line of (C:DDA) coders!

Dear lord this made me cry as well. I honestly lost hope a few months ago thinking that the development had ceased.

Cannot wait (In fact I never did, playing it atm) to tear into this.

Dude, there are like three new experimentals every day…

Dear Developers of Cataclysm DDA

I would like to personally thank you for making a native Mac Build (with executable!) available in such a short time. When I heard the new version was released, I got really excited about all the extra content, but frustrated for the lack of a Mac version. I posted a comment on your Facebook page and the reply said that none of the Devs used Mac, so there was not to be any expectation of a Mac build anytime soon. I was also criticized by members of the group on FB for being senseless in my requests for the mac version, that I should get windows or play the game in a VM.
I entered your webpage today just hoping something might have changed, and there it was! I followed BluePirot’s instructions before even trying to run the game, just to make sure everything went fine, and it has (at least so far), thanks BluePirot!

Anyway, thanks so much once more for caring for us, Mac users, as well. It means a lot, seriously.
Congratulations on an epic update for a truly epic game. Job superbly well done!

Luis