Can't learn Recipie?

I’m confused. I now have lvl 7 archery and lvl 6 fabrication. But I still can’t get the “Zen and the Art of Archery” book to give me the recipe for reflex recurve bow. It just says “This book has more recipes, but you don’t have the skill to learn them yet.” This is a book that is supposed to bring your archery lvl to 3. What is it i’m not doing (i’m on the experimental builds if that makes a difference)?

Memorizing recipes by reading books is rarely done now. Instead just have the book nearby when you craft, you’ll automatically have access to any recipe in it you qualify for.(And will probably memorise it when you craft the item)

The skill required to learn the recipe doesn’t always match the skill required to craft the item.
Check the jsons:

"type" : "recipe", "result": "reflexrecurvebow", "category": "CC_WEAPON", "subcategory": "CSC_WEAPON_RANGED", "skill_used": "fabrication", "skills_required": [[ "archery", 7 ]], "difficulty": 5, "time": 25000, "reversible": false, "autolearn": false, "book_learn" : [[ "recipe_bows", 6 ] , [ "manual_archery", 7]],

Look at the last line. You need 7 fab to learn it from Zen and the Art of Archery, and 6 fab to learn it from the Bowyer’s Buddy.
Even though you only need 5 fab to craft it.

[quote=“Murphy, post:3, topic:9239”]Look at the last line. You need 7 fab to learn it from Zen and the Art of Archery, and 6 fab to learn it from the Bowyer’s Buddy.
Even though you only need 5 fab to craft it.[/quote]

Thanks that explains it!