Charcoal Kiln

I am playing as a survivalist, and built a charcoal kiln out of rocks.
I know the crafting recipe for filled charcoal kiln, but it won’t let me craft it even when I am standing next to the kiln.
How do I use the rock charcoal kiln?

Also my character has seven archery skill and five fabrication skill but cannot make the reflex recurve bow?

To get your answers on the game fast, best to send questions on the bunker section of this place.

Anyway, did you make a charcoal kiln via the construction menu? The one you can’t pick up? If so, you don’t need to make a filled charcoal kiln. You just put splintered wood/whatever component you’re using to make charcoal in that kiln, and examine it to activate the process.

Not sure with the bow. Maybe it’s one of those things where you need to find the recipe on a book.

Reflex recurve bow does indeed need a book to learn.

[quote=“Azrad, post:3, topic:9717”]To get your answers on the game fast, best to send questions on the bunker section of this place.

Anyway, did you make a charcoal kiln via the construction menu? The one you can’t pick up? If so, you don’t need to make a filled charcoal kiln. You just put splintered wood/whatever component you’re using to make charcoal in that kiln, and examine it to activate the process.

Not sure with the bow. Maybe it’s one of those things where you need to find the recipe on a book.[/quote]
I tried putting it in by throwing it like I do with my fireplace but it doesn’t work.
How do I put it in?

Shift+d to drop it in the direction of the kiln, or use the advanced inventory menu to move items from your inventory and then e to examine the kiln to activate. You need a lighter as well, I think.

Thanks a bunch!
What book is the recipe for the reflex recurve bow in?

You can find it in The Bowyer’s Buddy and Zen and the Art of Archery.