Cannot put knives in boots

62d4383.
I cannot put knives in boots either because I cannot select knife when menu appears (swiss army knife) or because game tells me “That isn’t a knife!” (stone knife, hunting knife, multitool).

BTW, I think we need to tell players that there is an option to store knives, because at the moment there is no information on this ingame (https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/11560).

The bug happens because knives were handled in a hacky way, which is no longer valid. Should be easy to fix.

I checked it now and it looks like boots accept huge knives - volume 5 is pretty much a small sword. Makes sheaths useless and bootstraps even more so.
There’s no penalty for holding 2 small swords in your boots. That’s quite stupid.

I don’t bother sheathing or putting knives in boots. If you do, the game doesn’t use them for butchering. That would also need to be fixed. All the extra commands to put in and take out all the time get’s annoying. I just leave them in the inventory.

There’s two things missing,

1. larger knife sheaths that strap to the thigh
  2. bandoleers for throwing knives.

Would be nice to get one both, but especially #2 to strap to your chest and then with autopickup and acting like a ‘quiver’ for knives it puts them back.

The sheath wears to the back only.

[quote=“Kryxx, post:3, topic:9133”]I don’t bother sheathing or putting knives in boots. If you do, the game doesn’t use them for butchering. That would also need to be fixed. All the extra commands to put in and take out all the time get’s annoying. I just leave them in the inventory.

There’s two things missing,

1. larger knife sheaths that strap to the thigh
  2. bandoleers for throwing knives.

Would be nice to get one both, but especially #2 to strap to your chest and then with autopickup and acting like a ‘quiver’ for knives it puts them back.

The sheath wears to the back only.[/quote]
Not to mention game does not look boots/sheats when crafting. They are more work for little gain since most things you can put in htere take 0-2 volume and you only need to carry one.