Knife in boot: bug or not bug?

so i put a combat knife in my boot like any badass deserving of the name, then i try to butcher corpses but it says i don’t have a propper cutting instrument, but it’s right there in my fucking boot! so does that mean i have to take the knife out of my boot in order to use it to butcher, or is it a bug that it doesn’t recognize the fact that i do in fact have a cutting weapon on my person?

and if that’s the feature, that i have to remove the weapon from the boot to use it, then what about other weapons in my inventory? because it’s implied that all the bladed weapons in your inventory come in a sheath, otherwise you’d be constantly injuring yourself while moving around, so shouldn’t we have to unsheath any weapon in our inventory before we can use it?

From what I understand the entire knife in boot mechanic is a bit hacky. If that is correct then I would presume that the developers wouldn’t necessarily want to waste time adding further functionality to something that will (eventually) be made entirely defunct by the new inventory system that will account for individual pockets and such.

I might be entirely wrong though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Wow, it’s so aggravating and hard to have to press a key and then another key to take a knife out of your boot. So hard.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:3, topic:5059”]Wow, it’s so aggravating and hard to have to press a key and then another key to take a knife out of your boot. So hard.[/quote]ignoring sarcasm yeah especially when you have tons of inventory slots taken up and in order to put the knife back in your boot you have to scroll through your inventory until you find it.

No, if you take out the knife from your boot it automatically puts it in your hands.

that doesn’t always work, probably a bug.

Topic: knife in boot: bug or not bug?

Not bug.

[me=StopSignal]puts Trollface face and leaves running[/me]