Can you pick up frozen liquids?

BOTTOM TEXT BECAUSE WHY NOT. (this is the body)

The answer despite common sense saying otherwise is no. Also why is a sink (which usually have drain stoppers) not act similarly to toilet bowls.

Because the good evacuees didn’t think to stop up their sink and run the tap while they were fleeing the living dead. If I had to guess.

This actually made me think about bath tubs. I live in a really rural area that frequently gets bad weather. One of the first things they tell you to do if you’re stranded/whatever is to fill your bath tub up with water so you have a hefty supply if shit really hits the fan.

Not that I’d be keen to drink out of my tub.

I think it’d be neat to sometimes find bathtubs in-game filled with water for this reason.

With soapy water. Mmmmmm.

Presumably that’s why the bath water can still get you sick. It would probably be pertinent to boil it.

In The Road filling up the bathtub is one of the first things the protagonist does. So even if it was a rare occurrence it’d be neat to see a bathtub full of water every once in a while.

I was more thinking as since you can’t drag a toilet around I was hoping to dump the water into a sink next to an oven with a fire in it so I could actually boil it.

Walmart has $20 Sawyer filters. Comes with a collapse-able bottle and straw too. Fits most standard water bottles and if continuously used. You can get a few thousand gallons, depending on the quality of source water.

That said. You can get a ton of off the grid items from Amazon and just about any camping supply store.

To name a few, try these; Cabelas, Bass Pro(cabelas owned by bass), EMS, REI and Walmart even has a camping section with low to medium end productions.

It would be cool if the game registered things like sinks as a valid water receptacle.

So what about picking up frozen liquid ? Will it be a thing in the near future or is it too complicated to add at the moment ?

The problem I see is modeling it as something you can throw and store in cargo spaces and such. But then when it melts it’ll be converted to a spilled liquid I imagine. How would that work?

I remember when disassembling a first-aid kit would spill disinfectant onto the ground as a liquid.

Maybe to get frozen liquids back in a bottle just melt it over a funnel? Could be a crafting recipe.