Can CBM: Toolkit start fires?

It can be used to boil water and weld steel, it seems like it should be able to start fires too

If not, is there any plan to allow this? I know it’s borderline op as is, but at the stage you normally get it lighters are a dime a dozen, and for the classes that start with it, it can already be used to boil water anyways.

I saw a discussion somewhere suggesting turning it into an active mod that replaces your hand with a toolkit (like what the monoblade does, though possibly retracting it automatically if you run out of energy) which would allow this, provide a very slight nerf to help balance it’s power, and would fit lore wise with the mod.

There is a mini flamethrower cbm that can be used to start fires.

[quote=“xpyder, post:1, topic:6372”]It can be used to boil water and weld steel, it seems like it should be able to start fires too

If not, is there any plan to allow this? I know it’s borderline op as is, but at the stage you normally get it lighters are a dime a dozen, and for the classes that start with it, it can already be used to boil water anyways.

I saw a discussion somewhere suggesting turning it into an active mod that replaces your hand with a toolkit (like what the monoblade does, though possibly retracting it automatically if you run out of energy) which would allow this, provide a very slight nerf to help balance it’s power, and would fit lore wise with the mod.[/quote]

The toolkit includes soldering and hotplate attachments. I suppose those could ignite things, but yeah, the CBM flamethrower gets that job.