Burning Food

just as the title says. it would be cool if you could burn food if your cooking level was too low

I seriously think that you tought that putting it in the fire would cook it, and now you want to add it as a feature. Not bad. But this happens:

One thing is burning and another is cooking. When you cook, specially in a fire, you are taking care of it, to make it not burn, just cook. Burning is… throwing it in the fire.

What would be cool, tough, would be that food that falls into fire would gain the “Hot” tab.

[quote=“StopSignal, post:2, topic:6384”]I seriously think that you tought that putting it in the fire would cook it, and now you want to add it as a feature. Not bad. But this happens:

One thing is burning and another is cooking. When you cook, specially in a fire, you are taking care of it, to make it not burn, just cook. Burning is… throwing it in the fire.

What would be cool, tough, would be that food that falls into fire would gain the “Hot” tab.[/quote]

Yeah, but when you’re just starting off cooking you usually fuck up in one of two ways, the meal is horrendously undercooked or it’s horrendously overcooked because you don’t want to undercook it again. I think that it’d be a pretty cool thing. I mean right now your character seems to be able to fuck up any task except cooking.

Eh, aslong as the food only suffers a morale penalty for burning it’d be fine. I’d also like it if we actually had to cook items over a fire.

Like you craft blueberry pancakes, now you apply your cooking implement and drop the food into the pan. Now you could read until it gets done, and you’re less likely to get bumraped while cooking.

May as well go whole hog and ask for a quality system for all crafted items instead of just foods, if that’s the case.