Bullwhip (experimental)

Really handy as weapon !

I was able to go trough the worst starting scenario without breaking a sweat, because i found one in the starting house.

And because I found another again,

I would like to know what skill work for it exactly (I know it’s melee and marksmanship, but i’m not sure yet if really melee=> damage and marksmanship=> chance of critical, or simply was is the best to up the damage …)

Also, do someone know how work the repel/stun part ? I was able to kill everything (brute included) while they aren’t able to reach me in melee most of the time.
~Stun work even if the shoot reflect, how ?
~Where does the % of chance of stun come ?
~Why when they are stunned they move around ? Does they go in a direction because of something, or it’s random ?

Any information appreciated :slight_smile:

i tried this weapon one time its good for escape (just stunlock them) but for killing are to weak and too loud (10 sound!)

Well i never care about sound, because i tend to do a killing machine.
It does for me 6-8dmg actually, for 80 move point, and the stunlock ability + ranged leather (no shock, avoid surround) mean you won’t take as much damage as you usually do in melee
Even if in melee i could do way more, 20-50 dmg for 37 move point), they just allow melee user to kill most of the heavy stuff with melee skill instead of always rely in ranged/trowing for them.

yes its nice weapon but if someone want to kill someone in slow way

[quote=“Oragepoilu, post:1, topic:7793”]I would like to know what skill work for it exactly (I know it’s melee and marksmanship, but i’m not sure yet if really melee=> damage and marksmanship=> chance of critical, or simply was is the best to up the damage …)

Also, do someone know how work the repel/stun part ? I was able to kill everything (brute included) while they aren’t able to reach me in melee most of the time.
~Stun work even if the shoot reflect, how ?
~Where does the % of chance of stun come ?
~Why when they are stunned they move around ? Does they go in a direction because of something, or it’s random ?[/quote]

As far as I can tell, melee is used as the specific skill (like “rifle” or “cutting weapons”), while marksmanship is the general one (like usually “melee” is for melee weapons and “marksmanship” is for ranged). So melee should affect everything more, except true melee attacks (where melee is the general skill and bashing weapons is the specific).

Stun is currently tied to criticals. It triggers a fair bit too often IMO, but it is rather heavily scaled down with target’s size.
Stunned targets move randomly or stand in place. They can’t attack (not even by stumbling in your direction), but the stun can wear off before their turn.

It’s a bit better if you reinforce it. Very slow way of killing enemies but its also great way for a melee character to deal with shocker zombies. Also it takes your skill levels up very fast, its great for grinding, especially if you have fast learner.

Thx a lot for the informations :slight_smile:

Now, using melee lv15 and maksmanship lv9, with the renforced bullwhip it does 14-16dmg on regular enemies for only a cost of 50move points; I also noticed that encumbrance doesn’t reduce the time, maybe because I’m too hight level.

Only the antleed horror (if it’s his name, i don’t remember exactly) take 2dmg, but the stun itself is enought if i hit him in melee like usual after.

No, that’s because bullwhip is implemented as a ranged weapon. There is currently no code for long weapons, so ranged attacks with the whip are actually virtual bullets you shoot from the whip like from a gun. As a result torso encumbrance doesn’t slow it down.

If we had more long weapons, that would be coded more properly, but as of now only bullwhip does this kind of attack.
Now that I think about it, a pike that can attack at range would be cool. Currently pike is a bit useless and that would make it not-bad.