Fist weapons count as Unarmed

Hey guys, i recently started yet another soon-to-die ‘survivor’ and i decided to make a pair of Nail Knuckles, and test out of fist weapons actually did count as Unarmed.

I quickly went up to the nearest enemy, a Z-9 (to which i died swiftly to.) and rapidly started punching. I’d occasionally check my skills and sure enough, Unarmed and Melee were the skills that rose.

Just a little Tip for anyone trying to start an unarmed build, this could be quite helpful. Thanks for reading.

I mean, you could’ve put this into The Tips, Tricks, and Newb questions thread instead of making a new one.

That is very true. Huzzah for not using forums? If you want i’ll delete this and you can post the tip in there.

I wouldn’t worry about it!

Plus, I bet more than a single person learnt from this thread.

I actually made it because i was wondering if it was this way or not, and decided to test it out for myself instead of asking on the forums. Decided to post the results so others who are as nooby as me can learn :stuck_out_tongue:

Bullwhip is good for grinding melee and GUN.

Play spintop with a fat zombie until your focus is below zero…

[quote="§k, post:6, topic:11930"]Bullwhip is good for grinding melee and GUN.

Play spintop with a fat zombie until your focus is below zero…[/quote]
i think it was but not anymore.it stucks with almost every hit.basically useless last time i tried it.i also think training GUN with bullwhip was removed.

Alright then. But the only exploit I care about is cooked acorn meal. It’s not nerfed yet.

That’s because it doesn’t need a nerf. It’s too time-consuming to be all that great.

(Although I think they changed the batch cooking to actually work like other food instead of stacking the full time every time, so yeah, that might make it a bit much.)

There are many fist weapons. Tiger Claws, Razorbar Katar, Punch Dagger, Cestus, Steel Knuckles and Brass Knuckles
If I also recall correctly, there were CBM that worked as fist weapons; Monomolecular Blade and Bionic Claws.
Honestly I wish there were more fist weapons, like an actual katar, or maybe a wasp sting/bee sting glove.
Or maybe even a feet weapon, to work with styles that uses kicks like Capoeira.
I also think that metal gloves and the alike should give some unarmed damage. I mean, you’re punching with metal now, not with your bare fists anymore.

That’s because it doesn’t need a nerf. It’s too time-consuming to be all that great.

(Although I think they changed the batch cooking to actually work like other food instead of stacking the full time every time, so yeah, that might make it a bit much.)[/quote]
Are you talking about parallel crafting?
Cos that would be cool, i should pay attention to the mechanics next time i play.

Actually just tell me what the cooked acorn meal exploit is so i know what you guys are talking about.

Dragometh you forgot nail knuckles and the razor fingers cbm.
And i might remember seeing a knuckle duster or a studded knuckles, or might be a completely different game.

As for gloves, i believe they added damage to unarmed strikes at one point or maybe still do, try it out.

Some new footwear that you can use for combat strikes would be nice to have, or just add some bash damage to steel toed boots when hitting with feet.

I’ve also noticed lately that when i use my quarterstaff i do damage while blocking?
Like “You block for 34 damage”, what’s that about?

[quote=“X-PLODE, post:11, topic:11930”]I’ve also noticed lately that when i use my quarterstaff i do damage while blocking?
Like “You block for 34 damage”, what’s that about?[/quote]

I think that only happens with certain martial arts styles, but it might just be with high enough skill - it’s something I notice late game on many characters, but have never bothered to run down exactly.

[quote=“X-PLODE, post:11, topic:11930”]Dragometh you forgot nail knuckles and the razor fingers cbm.
And i might remember seeing a knuckle duster or a studded knuckles, or might be a completely different game.

As for gloves, i believe they added damage to unarmed strikes at one point or maybe still do, try it out.

Some new footwear that you can use for combat strikes would be nice to have, or just add some bash damage to steel toed boots when hitting with feet.

I’ve also noticed lately that when i use my quarterstaff i do damage while blocking?
Like “You block for 34 damage”, what’s that about?[/quote]

Haven’t noticed any gloves enhancing unarmed damage. Dunno about the knuckles, it’s been some time since I’ve done an unarmed character, even though they’re actually fun as hell. I like imagining an character using Muay Thai just knee-hitting an enemy with all force. If the game adds dismemberment at some point, imagine knee-ing a zombie head off. That would be a nice image on my head.
Didn’t note the nail knuckles because it was already pointed out on the main post, and the razor fingers already say that they increase unarmed damage, so didn’t note that too.
About the blocking for damage, I saw that on my last character. Using a nodachi, I got “You parried for x damage”. Don’t exactly understand how that works, but a guess is that the character actually knows about counter-attacks, so they block and attack on the same turn, I think.