Several bugs i found 0.A

these are a few bugs i found that im not sure you are aware of or not.
sorry if i added any you were aware of. just trying to help a bit. this game is awesome btw even with a few minor bugs.

1: you can drive any vehicle backwards with no gas as long as it has enough wheels and controls at -4 mph
with gas you can drive backwards at -30 with the engine off might i add.

2: not sure bout this one but i found 2 laser turrets and they both only shot at me after activating them even with 3 zombies between me and the turret.

3: i killed an NPC immediately after it activated a flare and now the flare is always active in white text not yellow and the 150 thing stays at 150.

4: an object called none? i find them on just about every NPC also i found (cents) a few times from NPC’s as the description literately says its a bug. lol

5: you probably know the npc’s are buggy but they spawn in my LMOE base and ask me to do the same 2 quests and just stand in corners smashing any
metal rack in their way. its annoying i had to turn random npc off. (i had 8 in my LMOE base standing in corners at one time…)

6: is charcoal kiln really suppose to be in the weapons category instead of the tools?

7: the (5) on a “3l glass jar of kompot (5)” stays on the jar when using and when its empty so it makes a new object called “3l glass jar (5)” even if its empty

8: i drove a car backwards (engine off - with gas) into a river with the left side wheels just on the shallow water and tried to get out it bugged up and removed
me from that area so i couldn’t see the car and gave a debug message (no passenger in vehicle) when i tried to get back to the car it wouldn’t let be in the
area it was in until i saved and exited and continued the game.

First: you on the stable 0.A, or an experimental build? We’re well over a thousand versions past 0.A at this point. DDA’s dev cycle is pretty quick.

[quote=“DarkShadowsX5, post:1, topic:6906”]these are a few bugs i found that im not sure you are aware of or not.
sorry if i added any you were aware of. just trying to help a bit. this game is awesome btw even with a few minor bugs.

1: you can drive any vehicle backwards with no gas as long as it has enough wheels and controls at -4 mph
with gas you can drive backwards at -30 with the engine off might i add.

2: not sure bout this one but i found 2 laser turrets and they both only shot at me after activating them even with 3 zombies between me and the turret.

3: i killed an NPC immediately after it activated a flare and now the flare is always active in white text not yellow and the 150 thing stays at 150.

4: an object called none? i find them on just about every NPC also i found (cents) a few times from NPC’s as the description literately says its a bug. lol

5: you probably know the npc’s are buggy but they spawn in my LMOE base and ask me to do the same 2 quests and just stand in corners smashing any
metal rack in their way. its annoying i had to turn random npc off. (i had 8 in my LMOE base standing in corners at one time…)

6: is charcoal kiln really suppose to be in the weapons category instead of the tools?

7: the (5) on a “3l glass jar of kompot (5)” stays on the jar when using and when its empty so it makes a new object called “3l glass jar (5)” even if its empty

8: i drove a car backwards (engine off - with gas) into a river with the left side wheels just on the shallow water and tried to get out it bugged up and removed
me from that area so i couldn’t see the car and gave a debug message (no passenger in vehicle) when i tried to get back to the car it wouldn’t let be in the
area it was in until i saved and exited and continued the game.[/quote]

Don’t be sorry, check the Github issue tracker next time. :wink:

I’ve been working on 1 over the past few days and posted a fix a few hours ago. Hasn’t yet been merged.

2 may well have been you failing your Computer roll when planting the turret. If it scans you and makes angry beeping noises, you blew it and the thing’s hostile. (skill 3-4 is minimum safe, 5 is reliable, 6 is guaranteed.)

3, yeah, NPCs aren’t good at handling active items yet. Known issue.

4 is probably fixed in latest experimental. Update and see if it recurs; if it does, write it up and let us know, please!

Yeah, “random” NPCs aren’t terribly well-worked-out compared to the “Static” NPCs. Known, long-term project, but we’re getting a lot closer in the past month than we’ve been for most of 2013.

Kiln has been reworked since 0.A so I’d need to know the version. Currently, all versions thereof should be tools.

Kompot is now 12 portions to the jar, and a quick test-drink had the count change as expected.

Vehicle issues were a bugbear going into 0.A. Should be fixed by now, but if you can write that up more fully, we can probably check it out. I tried the general idea (backed into a river-shallow, engine on, car fresh from debug) and it lagged a bit–but DDA pulled through.

thanks for the reply KA101.

ill check the issue tracker now on :stuck_out_tongue:

my full version info is 0.A-2-g0e7da21
it was a (stable) build from a couple weeks ago i believe.

i didn’t know that about the turrets mentioned in 2 i probably should of read the wiki pages a little more…

ill try out the latest experimental build to see if their all fixed up. :smiley:
and ill be more specific to my build version when posting any future bug reports.

thanks!