V6393 A few bugs

Few bugs as titles suggests. Not sure if they are written about already but worth noting at least.

-Refugee center: Monsters enter the building and proceed to eat everyone. Nobody finds being eaten to be a problem and thus I can chill and gather every ones gear. Rather closed off and difficult to get inside I suppose, but really silly that NPCs do nothing and these are not just the “Guards”. Everyone inside just sits there and dies.

• side note, “Shelter” NPC seems ok to defend self, but I honestly have not come across normally spawning NPCs…which they are on to spawn. So not sure if that too is a bug or they just do not spawn as much as they use too?

-Refugee center Merchant bug: When doing a mission/quest, then you convince the merchant to provide you with any item. The item sell value seems to be forever stuck as a deficit with the merchant.
“hey man gimme free crap! Ok, here take this…but now you forever owe me the sell value to me for no reason…oh and you cannot buy stuff now.” Yeah this sucks because the only way to buy crap is to sell the merchant something over that value OR just happen to have a ton of cash on hand. This was REALLY annoying as my gal was given a very expensive item, which meant I could no longer buy stuff =(
You may get lucky and get junk at $4

-Refugee camp…once again =(
Is it normal to be able to sell random trash for high prices? rags are $4 each wtf? Mean while bullets are almost worthless lol I dunno…griping? mayhap, but is the economy still being worked on because this is a little silly.

-Lighting bug:
In complete darkness, I can magically see in a radius of something like 4-6 tiles. Not sure how your eyes work for you people but complete black without night/infra vision is just that. Complete black. If you enter a windowless room and no light source, you cannot see. This is also the same for such things as a basement.

Outside should have a small amount during a moonlit evening on a clear night. But that is not the case when enclosed without a light source.

Side note: are PK’s mods now a part of the main game? I looked into the mods section folder and noticed it is listed as “Obsolete”. I assume this folder of his mod is not needed or is it and default active without need to turn on?

EDIT- adding a few more bugs I found.

-Survivor basement = water puddles are now conveniently bottled lol go figure >_>

-Trade values are borked. I still have no idea why anti-biotics and first aid kits are dirt cheap. While a felt patch literally off the floor is $20…a friggin rag is like $4 each. 100 nails for $60??? 0_o
Anything being done to clean this up? Just curious. Ask people. I;m sure someone wouldn’t have a problem assigning better values.

-Heal rate. Does this still only happen while sleeping? I am truly confused why there was never a super slow “awake” heal system. I don’t take the time to write here for nothing. Please feel free to respond if you have the answer. I appreciate it.

The complete darkness thing depends on the moon! If it’s a full moon out there tonight, it shines quite a bit.

And that’s weird about the NPCs not defending themselves. They used to do so last time that happened to me. Quite a long time ago though.

Yeah, NPC will defend only if they seem to have a weapon and at that they may not. Obviously a bug.

Should also be noted that the moon doesn’t shine in a lab or other area where the moon is not going to show anything in enclosed areas. Basements are pretty dark even if they have assumed windows. Mine have windows all around and it is completely dark on moonlit nights.

Few more bugs I’ve noticed, I’ll add it to the top list.

Adding a comment about metal lockers.

In short I never see items spawning anymore in the metal lockers in police stations and the gunsmith shop that has the U shape series of lockers. Not sure why these don’t spawn anything anymore. Is it because all the stuff it should ends up on the table in the middle??

I assume this, but not certain.

[quote=“ZoneWizard, post:5, topic:13651”]Adding a comment about metal lockers.

In short I never see items spawning anymore in the metal lockers in police stations and the gunsmith shop that has the U shape series of lockers. Not sure why these don’t spawn anything anymore. Is it because all the stuff it should ends up on the table in the middle??

I assume this, but not certain.[/quote]

Pretty sure it’s because the code for item spawning in various map tiles was relying on an incorrect usage of the spawning code, which has since been fixed, meaning that a lot of places aren’t spawning as much stuff as they were originally intended to. Garages in particular these days have a tendency of being entirely empty, or containing only a single item.

^^^

Yeah I noticed a serious lack of items. Especially garages having almost nothing in them =/

Know if the devs fixed this or plan too? I don’t have enough time to look around…public PC + 10 min timer =(

One more bug:
Last outpost. When you asking for a side job or investing, everybody gives you only caravan job instead labour from foreman and buying a plot for corps from agriculturist.
upd. Barthender isn’t spawning inside bar.

Not sure the exact reason, but I’ll toss this in the bug report as well:

I found a base with mines all around it and it looks like a prison. I think this is a Hells Raiders base…? The bug is that it is completely empty. Is it unfinished or the bug with regard to the spawning of items?

One other question. What happened to explosive slugs? I do not know if they were taken out or just not skilled enough or found a book that details them? lil help?

i think the hell raider base only spawns units when you are given the quest to kill them from the rep in the center.
also the lighting is not a bug, it’s based on your perception score, aka if you have AMAZING eyesight you can see in the dark a bit, go stand in the dark and take a load of stimulant so you get a perception bonus and your sight radius will expand. night vision trait gives you some bonus range on top of this.

Thanks for the heads up on perception. I tend to have very high value of it and never noticed this was a feature. I just played that way every game =)

How do I use Jumper cables and Heavy Duty Cables?

I couldn’t jump a tank with them from a fully charged car. Also, does the connection have to be exactly where the batteries are? I stuck it to a bumper and the @$$ end of the tank with no idea wtf to do next.

Does it sit and wait? Does it need to have both vehicles in a mode I’m not aware of??

[quote=“ZoneWizard, post:11, topic:13651”]Thanks for the heads up on perception. I tend to have very high value of it and never noticed this was a feature. I just played that way every game =)

How do I use Jumper cables and Heavy Duty Cables?

I couldn’t jump a tank with them from a fully charged car. Also, does the connection have to be exactly where the batteries are? I stuck it to a bumper and the @$$ end of the tank with no idea wtf to do next.

Does it sit and wait? Does it need to have both vehicles in a mode I’m not aware of??[/quote]

Attach one end to any tile on a vehicle, attach the other to any point on the other vehicle. The vehicles will now share an electrical system. When you try to start the tank it will tray to drain the batteries in the attached car just like the batteries were attached to the tank (with some small power loss for jumper cables, and a considerable one for heavy duty cables).