Brand new player wuth a few questions

Hey all, love me some rogue like games and found this gem from watching a youtube video. Anyways, I am trying to play a game and have a few questions:
1-when I try to save my character it says can not save with non zero points or something like that. What do I do to fix this?
2- Any mods or tile sets you guys recommend? I am using Waldo as of right now but don’t know if there is anything better?
3- Any up to date tutorials?
4-And last but not least I have a gaming laptop with a 17" screen that supports 1920X1080 what res via the in game options menu ( height, and width) you fellow players recommend? Thanks all…

You’re lucky I’m here, Newb, since I am the noob helper extraordinaire. Here we go…

It means that you used too many points during char gen, which means that you need to stop using so many points in char gen. You see those numbers next to the word “Available points” right?

ACSII masterrace, bitch.

Tons.

Use the x and y values in the “Graphics(?)” tab in the options menu. Test them out and see what suits you.

I can put some pictures up, if you want.

Yes would love some pictures. Please :slight_smile:

Aghh… Fine. Be back in a few.

go to
The Lab - Contributions and Mods
subsection of the forum and look there for tilesets.

in the game, in the options menu, Graphics submenu, if you modify Terminal Width and Terminal Height values, it will tell you in the upper part the exact resolution.

Try the game wiki. It’s a bit outdated, but you can get a sense of what’s what.

Alright. Here we go again. I can only answer the questions with screenshots of the game, not the other things :stuck_out_tongue:

Please don’t go over the 6 point limit. You can give yourself points by picking bad traits or though the options menu.

I have a 1366xSomething screen. Take this as an example of the numbers you need, or just experiment.

[quote=“Ferodaktyl, post:5, topic:4959”]go to
The Lab - Contributions and Mods
subsection of the forum and look there for tilesets.

in the game, in the options menu, Graphics submenu, if you modify Terminal Width and Terminal Height values, it will tell you in the upper part the exact resolution.

Try the game wiki. It’s a bit outdated, but you can get a sense of what’s what.[/quote]
I think the exact resolution is only for the experimental at the moment, but it should be in the next “official” update. For now experiment and see what works.

As for tutorials, check the wiki. Like Ferodaktyl said, it’s a bit outdated but most if not all of it should still be valid. As for tilesets, I prefer ASCII but Waldo’s is great. Deon’s, which comes with the game, is also cool. I’d personally stick with Waldo’s though.

Thank you all so much :slight_smile: