Boiling water- what am I supposed to do here?

I have three plastic bottles filled with toilet water. The recipe for clean water calls for:

-one tool with boiling of 1 or more

-> I have a pot, two empty aluminum cans, and a tin can (also empty).

-hotplate, nearby fire, basically something hot

-> I dug a shallow pit outside, put some wood in it, and lit it on fire.

-one water

-> I already have three plastic bottles full of water

However, whenever I try to craft clean water, it says I have nothing to hold the water in. Can someone please help me out with this?

You need a container capable of holding the result. Cans can’t, because they can’t be resealed.

At the moment the crafting system won’t let you craft if you don’t have enough free space in bottles, even if it will get freed after you complete the craft.

Unload one of the bottles back to the toilet. And then try again with an empty bottle in your inventory.

Thanks for the help! Now my character won’t have to drink toilet water (Well, actually, he still is, it’s just not dirty anymore)

I imagine it still tastes pretty bad and should probably entail a morale penalty (though it presently doesn’t), but at least any fecal coliform in it is dead now. Enjoy!

I imagine it still tastes pretty bad and should probably entail a morale penalty (though it presently doesn’t), but at least any fecal coliform in it is dead now. Enjoy![/quote]

Cistern/top tank, not bowl. :wink:

I imagine it still tastes pretty bad and should probably entail a morale penalty (though it presently doesn’t), but at least any fecal coliform in it is dead now. Enjoy![/quote]

Cistern/top tank, not bowl. ;-)[/quote]

Oh thank fucking god.

That should be based on an intelligence check. Something low of course.

Drinking from the bowl itself is the purview of canine mutants.

Good thing they’re all Lupine mutants. :wink:

Oh gosh this thread hahaha. Gave my a thought though:

It’d be nice if unsealable containers could hold a liquid, but only so long as you were wielding it. Then you’d just need three full bottles of toiletwater and wield the pot. (U)nload it into the pot, boil away.

I guess attacking or being hit while wielding a filled item or un-equipping it would print a message emptying it’s contents. Is that a difficult task to code due to how items interact? Or simply low priority? Gosh I wish I knew coding.