Blank Tiles on 0.C for Linux (Debian)

I just downloaded a fresh build of 0.C off the website and made sure all the dependencies were installed. I can start cataclysm-tiles just fine, but I am unable to use tiles. If tiles are set off, then ASCII text appears and everything seems to work as it should. If I turn tiles on, the sidebar is drawn and messages/inventory screens pop up, but the tiles are not visible (i.e., the screen is blank.)

This happens regardless of tileset and changing the software rendering has no effect. I get the same effect in 0.B.

Any help is much appreciated. I’m happy to provide more information if need-be. I am currently running Debian Wheezy.

That happens to me sometimes, too. Usually when I’m alt-tabbing or doing something else I’m not supposed to. If I’m on the character select screen, I hit > a couple times, and in game I walk a direction, and that clears it up.

IPlease let us know if it does for you too?

linux & debian (crunchbang to be precise) here but i only play with pure ascii and despise tilesets. however… could that be some old bugs returning? p.s. also could this be the issue behind this blank screen?

[quote=“Chezzo, post:2, topic:9289”]That happens to me sometimes, too. Usually when I’m alt-tabbing or doing something else I’m not supposed to. If I’m on the character select screen, I hit > a couple times, and in game I walk a direction, and that clears it up.

IPlease let us know if it does for you too?[/quote]

I tried this and no amount of input makes the tiles appear.

I have a feeling that the problem has to do with the fact that most of the required libraries are not in the official stable wheezy release, so I had to add backports and experimental builds to my /etc/apt/sources.list. I have all of the dependencies installed and I can run the program just fine, but nothing seems to fix the blank screen aside from turning tiles off.

I ended up doing a fresh install of Ubuntu 14.XX for unrelated reasons, and it works now.