Bionics Success rate?

Ok so now that i finally found some bionics i noticed that in 7.1 the bionics installation is kinda different, before i could see the bionic screen showing my success rate and skills required in order of importance before attempting surgery, now it simply prompts a waring screen showing your fail percentage and nothing more, is this meant to be this way? did the skills required to install bionics change somehow, does installing a cranial flashlight have the same requirements as intalling a fusion blaster arm? i want a piece of your mind people :slight_smile:

but… but… I like my mind D:

it nows says that intelligence affects bionics installation. not sure if that is new for .71.

did your success rate go down? I have a game going in .71, but im not at the point where i am ready to install bionics.

Intelligence at 10 and some bionics have 50/50 chance so i’m guessing not, ain e int 10 is not that average i guess…

I would like to point out that an “average” person would be horrible for installing bionics. Would you like your heart/brain surgeon to be someone who got C’s in all of their classes? Because that’s basically what installing many bionics comes out to be similar to.

I don’t mess with bionics anymore. I tried one with a 93% success rate, and ended up bleeding out until I died in a corner. Still can’t figure out how to stop bleeding out, even with a first aid kit/other means of patching up.

‘E’ then bandage/firstaid letter then 7.

I believe bionics is affected by mechanics and engineering skill. I generally dont touch these until my skills are pretty high. I really need to look at the code to find the formula.

There’s a fix waiting on GIT to be merged, so that the influence of Intelligence will be increased.

Since most of the people declare themselves “hating the needle” I don’t get how could they mess their bodies up with something that does so once every 4 times.
On the other hand, I’m so fond of my upgrades that once I actually yelled out loud at the computer when a CBM erased all the other fancy stuff I’ve buffed myself with. And where was the Undo button? Playing cards with Zombie the Bear?

Yes, there is a person on the forums who is interested in bionic formula changing. His thread is in the lab section. He actually did some good research into it. Due to his work bionics will be more logical in the future.

[quote=“vultures, post:10, topic:2564”]Since most of the people declare themselves “hating the needle” I don’t get how could they mess their bodies up with something that does so once every 4 times.
On the other hand, I’m so fond of my upgrades that once I actually yelled out loud at the computer when a CBM erased all the other fancy stuff I’ve buffed myself with. And where was the Undo button? Playing cards with Zombie the Bear?[/quote]

Yeah, but needles aren’t awesome. Or at least, as awesome as say, a DIY fusion blaster arm installation.
I still don’t quite get how you can do that with one hand. Suppose it comes plug-n’-play ready from the brow of the omnissiah or somesuch. Maybe a flat-pack from IKEA.

Step 1. Rip off an arm…

The lore section of the board implied it was the Windows 12’s Plug’n’Play feature. :stuck_out_tongue:
So to be honest, I’d expect the lab efforts to yield a Blue screen of death in case of failure, not format my hardlist of upgrades. :slight_smile:

My question is how can we get diamond retinas? What, do we install them by how they feel? I cant see my hands, but they feel like it’s in the right spot. I cant read the instructions, but this feels like the right thing to do.

Step 1: Pop both your eyeballs out of their sockets.

Step 2: Whilst aiming one eyeball with one hand , use the other hand to install diamond retina on the other eyeball.

Step 3: Swap hands and repeat for other eyeball.

Step 4: Very carefully pop eyes back into place, ensuring that you don’t scratch the socket rim with any protruding diamond spurs.

I kind of miss the menu from 0.6 too, but I understand why they wanted to simplify it.

The bleeding edge build now has new equations for skill, chance of success, and failure level. The details are in this post, but the takeaway points are these:

[ul][li]Intelligence is now just as important as electronics skill. First aid also helps, mechanics helps slightly.[/li]
[li]Improving skills/intelligence boosts your success rate more than before[/li]
[li]Installing bionics with 80% success rate or higher is pretty safe. Only pain or damage if you fail. No losing all your other hard-earned bionics.[/li]
[li]Installing bionics below ~60% success rate is now more dangerous.[/li][/ul]