Bio-Weapon Mod

So I merged the spell checks, tested it and uploaded it. It is ready for download.

Man what do you do to get so many updates so quickly? It takes me a bit to get everything in order for my mod to get an update.

Tell me your secrets :smiley:

[quote=“Artyom177, post:102, topic:10629”]Man what do you do to get so many updates so quickly? It takes me a bit to get everything in order for my mod to get an update.

Tell me your secrets :D[/quote]
I have a formula for updates:
~60% re-balancing/ bug fixes.
~30% New stuff.
~10% Behind the scene stuff not worth mention (spell checks,creating recipes,updating item_groups,ect.)

That and most of my update ideas occur to me on the spot.

Sounds like your secret is not planning. Artyom probably has to do research or something.

The thing is I do not know how all the .json value work exactly and then fix them when I do. For example, I had no idea what the difference between sight dispersion and dispersion was, now that I do, I fixed all firearms accordingly. I keep learning more and I apply it promptly.

So I recently installed and tried out this mod, and I really like it so far. Thank you for creating it.
I’ve got some questions/suggestions about various things in it, though.

[ul][li]Delta is designed to be a sort of bionic sniper/scout/spy, right? In this case Trigger Happy looks a little out of place.[/li]
[li]Also with Delta - if it’s designed to infiltrate and blend in with local populace, Glorious would make it quite difficult. I mean, it makes one stand out in a crowd, heavily.[/li]
[li]I was suprised to see Alpha doesn’t have any mutations out of PRED line. Hunter or Predator would fit really well in the general “bionic beast” theme.[/li]
[li]That, and lack of Carnivore with Alpha. I mean, Carnivore, Saprovore, Intestinal Fortitude, etc. would also go in just fine.[/li]
[li]Where does recoil with the MX-84 rifle come from? It is a laser based weapon, isn’t it?[/li]
[li]BR-96 is a high-tech rifle made of steel and wood? I thought only relatively simple guns had wood as a component?[/li]
[li]Since military stimpacks are self-recharging, why does Gamma more than one at the start?[/li]
[li]Also concerning stimpacks. They don’t really sound like something that would be actually used by military. Slowly synthesizing a healing substance from thin air? Sounds like a half-biological prototype from a laboratory.[/li][/ul]

[quote=“ValidAQ, post:106, topic:10629”]So I recently installed and tried out this mod, and I really like it so far. Thank you for creating it.
I’ve got some questions/suggestions about various things in it, though.

[ul][li]Delta is designed to be a sort of bionic sniper/scout/spy, right? In this case Trigger Happy looks a little out of place.[/li]
[li]Also with Delta - if it’s designed to infiltrate and blend in with local populace, Glorious would make it quite difficult. I mean, it makes one stand out in a crowd, heavily.[/li]
[li]I was suprised to see Alpha doesn’t have any mutations out of PRED line. Hunter or Predator would fit really well in the general “bionic beast” theme.[/li]
[li]That, and lack of Carnivore with Alpha. I mean, Carnivore, Saprovore, Intestinal Fortitude, etc. would also go in just fine.[/li]
[li]Where does recoil with the MX-84 rifle come from? It is a laser based weapon, isn’t it?[/li]
[li]BR-96 is a high-tech rifle made of steel and wood? I thought only relatively simple guns had wood as a component?[/li]
[li]Since military stimpacks are self-recharging, why does Gamma more than one at the start?[/li]
[li]Also concerning stimpacks. They don’t really sound like something that would be actually used by military. Slowly synthesizing a healing substance from thin air? Sounds like a half-biological prototype from a laboratory.[/li][/ul][/quote]

Thanks for the feed back and glad you like the mod!

Now to answer your questions/suggestions.

1.I applied trigger happy since Delta is more of a single shot kind of marksman,It would panic in a scenario where it had to face a mass of enemies and go full auto.

2.Delta is not designed to blend with the local populaces but to earn their trust, superficial looks go along way in that area.

3.I agree here, alpha has already pass the chaos threshold, Ill see what I can do.

4.Alpha is meant to eat and synthesizes everything so it would not make sense to limit it to only meat and veggies.

5.The recoil comes from the release of the energy that “launches” the laser, the MX-84 uses a laser more powerful than that of the A7 rifle.

6.Yeah, the wood really does seem out of place doesn’t, Ill fix that.

7.Gamma has multiple since they take a while to recharge so it can use them in rapid succession in an emergency.

8.I agree, they were ment and developed for the military, but they were released in small quantities for testing.

A new PR has changed AEP_IODINE to AEP_PBLUE, had to make the change in your ranged.json to make it happy again.
PR here: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/14736

So, I decided to mess with some stuff, rephrase some descriptions, item names, stats, etc.
Maybe you’ll find some of it useful?
Also fixed that effect in ranged.json Malkeus described.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/aysh0obceof7dh0/ret.zip

A run down on the changes you made would make things easier to evaluate. There’s a lot of data to sift through.

Right. It’s descriptions/names of items, dialogue with NPCs in the command center, and profession descriptions. I don’t think I changed anything related to actual gameplay.

Edit: Also monster descriptions.
Changes involve those files: armor, classes, melee, mods, monsters, ranged, tools and TALK files.

I will take a look at the changes, updates have been slow since I for once sat down and just played cata for a while.

Just took a look and changes were nothing drastic, So I merge them. So ValidAQ’s changes a thing now. Guess this emergency fix was his doing, thanks. Its ready to download.

Update 19 is out now (about time Noctifer!)!

P.S: ValidQA’s text modifications are now in effect, if you do not recognize an item, consult OP since the description there are the same.

bugfix Update 20 now uploaded and ready for use!

Fixed an error caused by the new bite attack rework, download to fix issue in the latest experimental.

So now survivors will be edible once again. o3o

Update 21 created!

Update 22 uploaded!

Note: I am currently working on my mods to mainline them to the game’s default mod lists. So expect a more re-balancing updates. I know…I know. I will also rework the format of the .json files and add notes for all of you who wish to reverse engineer my mods for your own projects.

Awesome! Mo’ mods, mo’ balance, mo’ shit for me to steal… :smiley: