Bio-Weapon Mod

Update 16 Ready for download!

What a nice mod brah, those Bio-weapons save me a lot of times when they suddenly appears our nowhere and begin to beat the crap out of the hordes!

They buy precious time when I sneak inside a house and wait till everything is more safer to go out.

Infighting does give one time to escape. Just a warning, if you intend on fighting them, they regenerate, hence why they can take on a horde.

Hot fix 16.5 Added: This allows this mod to be playable in any map size! I also fix the OP GUI layout a little bit to be better to the eye.

After playing hours and hours. I seeing the Bioweapons spawn are a bit hight? Maybe you should check a little for adjust it. They can clean a lot of Z´s but the ruckus attracts to much, and in the process destroying a lot of vehicles and sometimes houses. I hide inside a house, close everything and the curtains. I go to sleep, after some time, 2 Bioweapons breaks inside destroying the walls and dunno how they find me. (I Use every game light steps, smell mask, and I move at night only).

I have seen that the population is a bit high but the thing is that I do not completely understand how the spawn mechanics work. I will poke around a bit and see if I can find something that works.

I just went digging through your monstergroups.json.

{ "monster" : "mon_failed_weapon", "freq" : 10, "cost_multiplier": 20 },
      { "monster" : "mon_zombie_failed_weapon", "freq" : 15, "cost_multiplier": 20 }

Cost_multilplier limits how many total monster can appear by subtracting from a pool (I’m not sure where the pool comes from or how much it is per area/horde/whatever), and freq determines how often the creature will get a chance to spawn.
As an example:

{ "monster" : "mon_zombie_brute_shocker", "freq" : 10, "cost_multiplier" : 20 },

A shocker brute will appear nearly as often as your failed weapons and less often than your zombie failed weapons.

{ "monster" : "mon_zombie_hulk", "freq" : 1, "cost_multiplier" : 50 },

A hulk has roughly 1/10th to 1/15th the chance to appear as one of your weapons. And it will cost the spawn pool 2.5 times as much to spawn one. Your weapons can thrash hordes of zombies, you may want to adjust them to be closer to the hulk, and maybe consider a weaker version of each for group_zombie to lessen their rampages through town in the early game. I consider them to be slightly less scary than a hulk when I’m playing, so they fit well in group_zombie_mid and as a reason to be nervous when visiting power stations.

I guess I might delete them from the group_zombie all together and lower their spawn rate outside of the power stations. Maybe a the same frequency as a hulk but require more cost_multiplier? I need to play with the numbers further then.

The scariest thing they do in the actual version, is when they stick in groups. I ve seen they go as a tag team wandering and searching for me, and as I say before, they have better senses for find you, even if you don´t make a sound and inside a building.

hmmm, I guess I have to rework its flags. Maybe I gave it tracking abilities beyond the intended.

Update 17 done and ready!

It looks like the fungus_failed_monster didn’t make it into your monsters.json Noctifer. It only has Apophis, failed_weapon and zombie_failed_weapon. How do you encounter Apophis in the game? He seems like a badass.

A quick double check showed me it is there. The correct id for the monster is mon_fungus_failed_weapon for the fungus bio-weapon.

As for apophis, You have to find the unknown lab. That lab has loots of loot but apophis and many other failed bio-weapons guard it. You find it by following the trail of notes (note to Bio-Weapon Lab, note in the Bio-Weapon lab to command center, note to in command center to unknown lab.)

I probably updated the wrong directory then :confused: my bad.
Edit: yep, I updated my override mod and then forgot to actually put the new version into cataclysm. Derp

Update 18 prepared and crafted.

This update may seem small and insignificant but is the precursor to other plans I have (check the future plans section of the OP).

The last version of this mod i played was a bit older, but the loot for the locations added in this mod were insanely high. I came across a tank on the road near an unknown lab and cleared it with that. Absolutely ridiculous amounts of loot were present. Just my opinion but i think it should be nerfed a bit.

It has high loot taking into account what is guarding it. But since I am re-balancing the mod a bit, I will take a look at the spawn rate.

I’ve been playing with toys from this mod alot, and I’ve encountered a lot of grammar and spelling errors that break my immersion. So I fixed them and I’d like to share.

From Version 18
Google Drive

[quote=“Malkeus, post:98, topic:10629”]I’ve been playing with toys from this mod alot, and I’ve encountered a lot of grammar and spelling errors that break my immersion. So I fixed them and I’d like to share.

From Version 18
Google Drive[/quote]

This is what I get for using notepad…Should of started using notepad ++ sooner. Thanks for the edits, Malkeus.

No problem, happy to help. :slight_smile: Thanks for being creative.