So I found this by accident a couple days ago, and I saw it happening to Vormithrax as well, which prompted me to create a test character for this, and can now say it’s 100% replicable. (screenshots will be provided).
- Create world;
- Create a character that’s smart enough to use an autodoc with moderate success.
- Start in a lab, find an autodoc;
- debug 2 Power Storage CBMs into your inventory.
- Autodocs now start with Anesthesia Kits on top of them, but if it doesn’t have one, just put any random item you may have on the machine’s tile.
- Proceed to install a CBM;
- “Pick Up” Window pops up, pick up whatever item’s on top of the Autodoc.
- Wake up to -1CBM, -Anesthetic and no installed CBMs.
It only happens when you pick up the items. If you don’t, the procedure goes through as intended.