So, I’m think once my current remaining PR is dealt with, I might see if I can take the initiative of implementing ammo type overlap. In theory it should be feasible to do, but I’d want advice and suggestions on how this would work. A summary of which source files need to the be altered for this would also help.
Current plans for using this feature:
- Making a distinction between semi-auto-compatible cartridges and ones too low-power to cycle an action (standard .22 LR versus .22 CB, for example).
- Making .38 Super and .45 Super only usable in guns designed to chamber them.
- Preventing semi-auto or autoloading .30-06 firearms from using .270 Winchester.
Future plans for using this feature:
- Adding rifles designed for .270 Winchester, and allowing them to chamber .270 but not .30-06.
- Adding .357 Magnum, and precluding .38-only guns from using it.
- Adding .45 Long Colt, and .410 shotshells. This would allow adding the Taurus Judge.
- Adding options to make blackpowder-fueled handloads versions of any cartridges that existed before the advent of smokeless powder. These would be usable in manual firearms but not autoloading.
Additional information, assistance, and suggestions would be handy.