As for Story, Maybe We could Learn the ideas from the Waling Dead?

Though it’s a rougelike game, we can still create some interesting random polts.

For example:

Gang fightings as the story of “the governor” in Season 3.
War may raise because of another group of human beings’ invasion.

or

Invasions by player’s group, and the human defenders will protect their stronghold - a mansion, a building, a castle, or a part with sufficent resourse, etc.

Some NPC can be created such as soilders, survivors, doctors, explorers. Each has different characteristics, properties and purposes.

The ideas all above will definitely increase the fun of the great zombie survival game.

I don’t think the game should try to copy ideas from other zombie series.

oh get fucked.

The walking dead is so shit i can’t believe i used to like it.

Let us not associate with anything that would put so little effort into creating a GOOD and BELIEVABLE story (talking about AMC’s telly show).

Oh god did you see the season final?!

I am so glad i illegally downloaded all the episodes i’d be so pissed off if i ever gave em a dollar.

I was under the impression the game was already heavily influenced by The Walking Dead (the antibiotics quest, the dead mother quest, zombies reacting heavily to smell and sound). I wouldn’t have even known about that show if I did see posts about it on these forums.

@Jimbo

Chill the fuck out, this isn’t 4chan. You don’t have to be edgy. I swear it’s the end of days for civilized society, jesus.

[quote=“Jimbo_Jamerson, post:3, topic:1925”]oh get fucked.

The walking dead is so shit i can’t believe i used to like it.

Let us not associate with anything that would put so little effort into creating a GOOD and BELIEVABLE story (talking about AMC’s telly show).

Oh god did you see the season final?!

I am so glad i illegally downloaded all the episodes i’d be so pissed off if i ever gave em a dollar.[/quote]

I was about to tear into you then I heard ‘TV series’

I love the comics. The TV series is meh.

I am all edges

Chill out people, whether you think something is a good, bad, or unbearably bad idea, there’s no reason to be jerks about expressing your opinion. No matter how good your opinion is, I will generally not even read it once your post becomes hostile or abusive.

On topic, we certainly don’t want to copy the plot and scenarios from TWD, or any particular media extensively, but the game is and will continue to be packed full of pop culture references, generally from the zombie genre, but obviously not exclusively. Regardless of what you think of the writing, there are some great scenarious in TWD, and we’d be foolish to exclude them just because of the source.

Words of wisdom folks.

Then why make a post if you don’t want an honest opinion

How about a bunch of stories that homage a bunch of zombie movies? A bar full of british folks under siege, a mall barricaded by survivors, etcetera.

You can give an honest opinion without telling a newcomer with 4 posts to “get fucked.”

Instead of money, the player and the NPCs should offer each other tasks to complete together, and that’s the final mark of resemblance to the Series this game should bear, IMHO.