Ideas from Zombie Movies/Books

The Walking Dead is back on in a month (5 minute trailer is on the web). on that note, what ideas from zombie books/movies would you like to see added to the game. List the book/movie it came from. I know alot of features are from books/movies, but lets see if we can come up with more.

this is also a post apocalyptic survival game, so sci-fi apoc stuff might be cool too.

lets just throw out ideas and then discuss them. might help the developers come up with ideas. I have posted enough ideas. so for now Im just starting the thread. Id like to see what other people think.

Zombies that can only walk. I hate things that I can’t run from If I’m only a little bit beaten up.

Zombies are well too fast. There should be a clear distinction made in-game between Romero and 28 days later zombies.

the horde problem. i.e you know that chances are that at some point a horde (and I mean a horde!) is going to move nearby the place you dwell and you’ll have an hell of a time dealing with that.

yeah, i’m talking a an actual, not these puny ass 8 tile hordes that can be kited, i mean one of them huge ass hordes that have 200 zombies or much more in them and there is literally no way in hell to beat them unless you are a walking death machine or if you nuke the place.

might give mininukes a use

The hordes would be absolutely wonderful, an explosion leading away a large part of the zombies, making a huge bulk of them as they themselves make a lot of noise, attracting single roaming zombies.

To deal with them you’ll either need to trap them in a place with natural walls (since z-levels are upcoming anyway) or build some way to stop them, for instance stone walls as long as no hulks or something similarly strong is there.

It should be a fairly uncommon event thought, maybe the first checks starting at year 2 or 3, but the amount of zombies being absolutely horrendous, making it start at 200 and rather moving towards a thousand or more. Even well developed bases will get problems then, at least if not defended properly with high caliber rifles, turrets and sturdy walls, fences and pits.

One of the most awesome events I ever had in Cataclysm was surviving a horde by setting wandering to true and city sizes to 8, my starting bunker got literally rolled over and broken down, even with fairly decent defenses around it, with me surprisingly surviving at the end. Had around 300 or so zombies rushing at me over the course of around half a day, with a nearby minefield gathering them on and on while they spotted some nice and living flesh close by with no way to retreat further away.

These aren’t Romero Zombies or 28 Days Later Infected though. They’re extradimesional Blob Zombies, you need to adjust your zombie behaviour expectations.

Edit: Why are you necroposting in 3 year old threads?

[quote=“Gnorse, post:5, topic:3063”]yeah, i’m talking a an actual, not these puny ass 8 tile hordes that can be kited, i mean one of them huge ass hordes that have 200 zombies or much more in them and there is literally no way in hell to beat them unless you are a walking death machine or if you nuke the place.

might give mininukes a use[/quote]

You guys need to try unsilenced gunfire more often.

I got this megahorde pileup with default zombie spawn settings, slightly larger cities, and a ton of laser rifle fire a couple months back. Even my second year, 90 day season uber survivor would’ve been torn to shreds without a quick escape by armoured police car.

On that note, I’d like to see options for classic infection or Romero-style zombies. Similar options like Classic Zombies or damage/speed adjustments exist in the game as-is, but systems such as bite infection aren’t included, for example. Whether an official option or an unofficial mod, it would be nice to see.