Artyom's Gun Emporium (Update 2 Hotfix 1) Holy shit

I think I’ve still got the files for it back on my desktop, but…meh.

Cheeki breeki, we’re baaaack!

{
    "type": "profession",
    "ident": "stalker_bandit",
    "name": "Bandit",
    "description": "A nu cheeki breeki iv damke! You moved to America to get away from the insanity of The Zone and start a new life, but things seem just as hectic here. At least you've got your Makarov and your vodka.",
    "points": 0,
    "skills": [
        {
            "level": 2,
            "name": "gun"
        },
        {
            "level": 1,
            "name": "pistol"
        },
        {
            "level": 1,
            "name": "shotgun"
        }
    ],
    "items": {
        "both": [
            "trenchcoat_survivor",
            "pants",
            "socks",
            "sneakers",
            "gloves_fingerless",
            "balclava",
            "backpack",
            "knife_combat",
            "makarov",
            "9x18mm",
            "wearable_light",
            "sausage",
            "vodka"
        ],
        "male": [
            "boxer_shorts"
        ],
        "female": [
            "sports_bra",
            "boy_shorts"
        ]
    },
    "addictions": [
        {
            "intensity": 20,
            "type": "alcohol"
        }
    ]
}

Ohmygod that’s so awesome.

Since we are talking about post apocalyptic Russia, maybe add a recipe for turning a Mark 19/ m2 browning in an automatic, bulky, powerful, belt-fed shotgun? Like in the last Metro game

Also, THIS. PLEASE. ADD THIS.

We do have some sort of heavy automatic shotgun.

Also? Added faction tweaks and starting locations so that bandits are friendly, and added a scenario to start at a bandit camp or cabin.

God damn I love it!

I love that AK but one problem… Its an AK, they don’t jam… Ever. I’ve seen an AK-47 in one of those old bomb shelters back in the day during the cold war. The entire shelter collapsed and took everything inside with it (it was 50 feet below the ground) and the only thing that came out was an AK-47. I don’t know how the guy who had the shelter got one, but he did. And I went along with some people to the range for some target practice, and brought the AK with me. No one thought it would shoot. It had no stock, the release catch was busted, No front site, the wood on it (whats left of it) was rotten and about to fall apart.

Next thing I know i’m blowing through box after box of 7.62x39 surplus that’s all being spewed out by this AK…

After all that I fell in love with the damn thing. I replaced the broken and rotten parts and added a skeletal stock to it. Its now part of my BOB (Bug out Bag) so when shit hits the fan I have a vintage AK that survived over 50 years underground… Russia might be a cold, retarded country filled with drunkards but they sure do know how to make a gun…

I also might make that GTR… Never know.

[quote=“Artyom177, post:45, topic:10035”]God damn I love it!

I love that AK but one problem… Its an AK, they don’t jam… Ever. I’ve seen an AK-47 in one of those old bomb shelters back in the day during the cold war. The entire shelter collapsed and took everything inside with it (it was 50 feet below the ground) and the only thing that came out was an AK-47. I don’t know how the guy who had the shelter got one, but he did. And I went along with some people to the range for some target practice, and brought the AK with me. No one thought it would shoot. It had no stock, the release catch was busted, No front site, the wood on it (whats left of it) was rotten and about to fall apart.

Next thing I know i’m blowing through box after box of 7.62x39 surplus that’s all being spewed out by this AK…

After all that I fell in love with the damn thing. I replaced the broken and rotten parts and added a skeletal stock to it. Its now part of my BOB (Bug out Bag) so when shit hits the fan I have a vintage AK that survived over 50 years underground… Russia might be a cold, retarded country filled with drunkards but they sure do know how to make a gun…

I also might make that GTR… Never know.[/quote]
It’s surprising how reliable AKs IRL are, considering the fact that they were made to be cheap and easily manufactured. One would expect a 50 year old AK to break, but it just… Doesn’t.

[Quote=Wikipedia]The AK-47 was designed to be a cheap, simple, easy to manufacture assault rifle, perfectly matching Soviet military doctrine that treats equipment and weapons as disposable items. As units are often deployed without adequate logistical support and dependent on “battlefield cannibalization” for resupply, it is actually more cost-effective to replace rather than repair weapons.[/Quote]

Well, if you’re designing a gun, you’d better design one that’ll keep working.
Eh, murika with your M16s and that vietnam war. :wink:
Because, really, a working gun is better than a non-working gun, no matter the accuracy.

Also, any chance for the AN-94 Abakan? I just love using that gun in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Additionally, if you’re going to add the 9×39mm guns, maybe consider the AK-9 as well?

[quote=“Artyom177, post:1, topic:10035”]Q:WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD THIS?!

A: http://www.mediafire.com/download/991icn8sbypf2c4/Artyoms%27_Gun_Emporium.rar[/quote]

Just to be sure, this link is for the latest updated version, right?

That’s already available in the latest experimentals. I swear, this thread seems to attract tons of requests for already-existing guns. :V

Well, to my defence, I am only up-to-date concerning the stable.

Understandable. Still, this thread in particular seems to attract more fans of the stable version than most of the other mod threads I’ve seen. Weird coincidence I guess. XP

I did say in big rage letters that you need the experimental for this.

Uhhhh Agoelia I hope its the right link… Maybe I should put the version on the file.

Fuck I forgot the AEK-971…

See? Dunno why this thread is a magnet for that sorta question, over all the other experimental-only mods. o3o

Could you merge that awesome cheeki breeki profession into the mod art?

That would be hilarious, but I’ve further enhanced it with faction edits to make Hell’s Raiders friendly. X3

Maybe make it a mod?

Tempting, I guess I should upload and post it to the forums? Juggling too many PRs to add it, and I doubt it’s really PRable anyway.

Maybe we can somehow make Duty and Freedom?

I don’t know, I’ve been playing Stalker COP: Misery all this week. My mind is on that…

No game can scare me like a Chimera leaping from the tall grass and killing me instantly. Good times…

What, no love for Monolith?

All hail space rock.

Ah, good old Monolith… Praising a space rock sense 2012.