Artyom's Gun Emporium (Update 2 Hotfix 1) Holy shit

Maximum derp. See? I keep pestering everybody for ammo type overlap so we can get past this silliness involving .38s amnd such. <3

Looking good Artyom. If some nit-picky ammo stuff is all thats wrong, its ok by me (me being a representative of the clueless-about-guns public). Gun goes boom, zombie falls down, me happy. Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

So about the ammo, the SAA does use the famous .357, but I went with .38 because I didn’t want it to overlap with the main game. Which happened with the 9x18. So I said fuck it and went with that, now if they don’t make .357 in the base game by Version D; I will put it into the mod. When version D comes out, so does the next update on the mod. For now just enjoy the quirkiness of Artyom’s Gun Emporium in all of it’s Gun-nut glory.

Which is soon to be renamed…

Hint for the next update :slight_smile:

But then we’d be able to load dinky .38 guns with .357 Magnum. It’s already dumb enough that a M1911 can chamber .45 Super, or that a .40 Glock can handle 10mm.

I get that the 10mm is longer then .40 S&W and thus can’t feed into the latter. But isn’t the .45 Super cartridge dimensionally identical to .45 ACP, it just has more gunpowder/higher internal pressures?

Hmm. Has anyone here been stupid enough to try that? X3

What feeding .40 S&W into something designed for 10mm? I don’t know all that much abour firearms, but I feel like that would end incredibly badly… Research says a quality M1911 should take the .45 Super without issue though.

The latter point, .45 Super in a .45 ACP gun, is what I was asking about. I could already guess that .40 S&W and 10mm Auto would be even less compatible. XP

Internet Enlightenment!

Okay, so you’d defintely want a stronger aftermarket barrel designed to cope with the increased pressure.

Good work Artyom! Nice mod!

I see the CZ 83 is a 9x18mm pistol. But here ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ-83 ) it says that the CZ 82 is a 32. ACP gun, and the CZ 83 is just a civilian version of the 82. Did they change the caliber from the military version to the civilian? Or is it an error of yours?

The PPSh-41 has a magazine of 35 rounds, which is the standard one. But, being a nostalgic pampered teen, I remember from allo those WWII first person shooters made between 2000 and 2005 the version with the 71 round magazine. Could you add both version? Standard and round magazine? Like you did for the Tec-22.

The Bizon in your mod shoots the 9x19mm, but that’s not the original bizon, it’s the Bizon 2-01. The first version shoots the 9x18 Makarov (which is also already in-game). Another version you might be interested in is the 2-07, which shoots the 7.62x25 (this caliber as well already in game), but it might be redundant having 3 different versions of the same gun shooting 3 different calibers.

Don’t we already HAVE the PPSh-41?

Yes, we do, but the 35 round magazine version

Ah right, hmm. Now if extended magazine mods could be made to have variable increases depending in the weapon it’s attached to, that could be used to abstract it away.

That’s probably the reason he made 2 version of the TEC-22

Well the CZ 83 in the same Wikipedia post is 9x18. Its like the Bizon, it can shoot multiple different rounds (with changes in the barrel, mechanism, and case assembly).

The PPSH 41 is already in the game so I wanted to make the 35 round one. Mostly just to add different mag sizes.

The Bizon can shoot 9x19, and I looked in my .json files and it shoots 9x18. You might be playing a earlier version.

And thanks for liking my mod! I will be updating it when the new version will come out (In 800000000000 years)…

Reminds me, did you dd the Obrez yet?
'cuz that would definitely be a gun I could see survivors make and use.

Also, I suppose that putting any of the 9×39mm guns in would be too unlikely, wouldn’t it?

The AS Val, the SR-3 Vikhr and most of all, the Vintorez, would be really awesome.

It’s the future! (And I feel like doing some writing.)
Maybe this very Russian set of toys will find a home, hmm?

Glazov Modular Firearm Platform

The Glazov Kit
A large and bulky strapped case full of specialized tools and weapon parts. Everything you need to build your very own specialized tool of destruction and mayhem.
Uppers, lowers, feeding mechanisms, barrels, accessories… man, this is like gun nut heaven!

• Disassembling it (which takes a long time) will give you…

The Glazov Case
This large strapped case, now hollowed out, used to hold a slew of items used for weapon assembly. Getting all of that stuff out was tricky enough. You doubt you’d be able reassemble the initial setup. Tetris has nothing on that kind of packrat insanity. Oh well. At least you can use the case as a metal backpack now.

The Glazov Instructional PDA (batteries not included)
Powering this thing on will give you all the info you need on how to assemble your very own Glazov tool of mayhem, in any configuration.
(Crafting recipes)

The Glazov Toolset
A collection of highly irregular weapon assembly tools. You’ve never seen anything like it before. Does that small ratchet have a… heart shaped head? That one kinda looks like a booze bottle. Used for assembling and disassembling Glazov weaponry.

• Now, the guts and glory.

The Modular Glazov Uppers Kit
This set of trinkets, covers and unfolding gadgets is needed to assemble anything from a small Glazov submachine gun to a large Glazov general purpose machine gun. Each part, no matter how small, boldly bears the Glazov insignia.

The Modular Glazov Lowers Kit
This set of trigger setups, magazine wells and assorted mechanical firearm knickknacks is needed to assemble anything from a small Glazov submachine gun to a large Glazov general purpose machine gun. Each part, no matter how small, boldly bears the Glazov insignia.

The Modular Glazov Barrels Kit
A wide range of firearm barrels compatible with Glazov weaponry. Everything and everything, or so the ads would claim. The selection actually seems quite limited. And… Eastern. 5.45x39, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 9x21. Hm.

The exceedingly rare and hard to find aftermarket Glazov Extension Pack holds kits which will allow you to assemble setups which use Western ammunition.

~

The final products would be something like…

Glazov 762-L LAR
A Glazov 7.62x39 Long Assault Rifle. Bla bla bla, accurate long barrel, bla bla…

Glazov 762-H SAR
A Glazov 7.62x54R Short Assault Rifle. Bla bla, short automatic assault rifle, high recoil, bla bla…

Glazov 9-SMG
A Glazov 9x21 Submachine Gun. Bla bla, compact and fast firing, bladidaa…

Glazov 9-PDW
A Glazov 9x21 Personal Defense Weapon. Bla, easy to use, bluh bluh bluh.

Glazov 545-LMG
A Glazov 5.45x39 Light Machine Gun. Bluh, large capacity with high rate of fire, blabbyblab.

Glazov 762-H GPMG
A Glazov 7.62x54R General Purpose Machine Gun. Bluh, use with bipod for MASSIVE DAMAGE, blaaaa.

And everything in between. Anything you want! And then, the all-important accessories.

Stocks. (You don’t have to use one buuuut… you know, they help.)
Skeletal: Very light, low compensation.
Combat Tube: Light, low-medium compensation.
Heavy: Heavy, high compensation.

There’s a lot to write out but this is really just an idea blurb so… you know. Bla.
Here’s hoping you find it interesting, Artyom. :wink:

God damn it! I forgot the all mighty Obrez, thanks for bring that up.

I want to add the Val and VSS because Stalking all day every day is my thing.

Jesus Christ Slax that’s a lot of shit. But really cool shit you know? I might put something like that in the mod, who knows :slight_smile:

Cheeki breeki. I really oughta post that bandit class I cooked up way back in the 0.B days.