Apocalyptic Music for a Dying World

Have any of you found any especially good music to put you in the proper grim, dark mood of nihilist despair while you frantically hack at the shambling remains of your fellow humans with an axe caked with hair and brain matter, choking back tears of outrage and horror at the bloody abattoir of the tiny corpses of cold, vacantly-staring, dead-eyed children piling up around you like bricks in a wall of damnation?

My choices:

• Pink Floyd, The Wall

• Jeff Wayne, War of the Worlds

• Wumpscut, Wreath of Barbs

• KMFDM, WW III

• cEvin Key, Involution

I used to listen to the Silent Hill Downpour soundtrack, but then I found this really good ambient album that does a great job of replicating the Cataclysm atmosphere. There’s a few other albums on it that do it for me as well.

This is a pretty nice one to listen to when you’re walking along roads or what-have-you.

IMHO, “This Isn’t What We Meant” by Savatage is a pretty good fit for the game.

Edit: Once I become a radiogenic\radioactive mutant-cyborg I end up listening to “Radioactive” by Imagine Dragons. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dark Souls II OST.

I listen to Alestorm.

Because who needs atmospheric music when you have Scottish Pirate Metal?

Personally, I activate a radio in game, and then in my browser, go to Pandora and listen to whatever comes on until the radio dies. Put in batteries, repeat.

Which typically includes electronica, Classical, Hard Rock, and Ambient music

Anything by Todd Smith for that craziness factor.

A droning dead world.

Spy satellite.

Acoustic Tales - Field Rotation
’Allelujah! Don’t Bend! Ascend! - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven! - Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Yanqui U.X.O - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Hurtbreak Wonderland - World’s End Girlfriend
Palmless Prayer / Mass Murder Refrain - Mono & World’s End Girlfriend
Paraphrases - Christopher Berg
Stoic - WIFE
Through The Glass Wall - The Invisible Fish
Giles Corey - Giles Corey

Some of these may not fit, as I haven’t listened to these all in a long time. All of the ones in BOLD are for sure the kind of music you’re looking for.

[quote=“Slax, post:9, topic:5959”]A droning dead world.

Spy satellite.[/quote]

These are great.

Two favs right for my frequent Moose and zolf love fests:

Ghosts by NiN

Fabulas Ater by Lzn02

Veteran of the Psychic Wars - Blue Oyster Cult
Wherever I May Roam - Metallica
Sad But True - Metallica

Also, the music from DEFCON by Introversion.

The Sprawl, by Sonic Youth. It’s inspired by a (seminal) cyberpunk trilogy by William Gibson.

I just listen to some random thing done by cryochamber. You guys also have some amazing sugestions too, thanks for the shared music.

It’s necrotime. So spooky!

Technophobia.

[quote=“creepysalad, post:10, topic:5959”]Acoustic Tales - Field Rotation
’Allelujah! Don’t Bend! Ascend! - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven! - Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Yanqui U.X.O - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Hurtbreak Wonderland - World’s End Girlfriend
Palmless Prayer / Mass Murder Refrain - Mono & World’s End Girlfriend
Paraphrases - Christopher Berg
Stoic - WIFE
Through The Glass Wall - The Invisible Fish
Giles Corey - Giles Corey

Some of these may not fit, as I haven’t listened to these all in a long time. All of the ones in BOLD are for sure the kind of music you’re looking for.[/quote]

Hello new best forum friend with awesome music taste. Godspeed You! Black Emperor and world’s end girlfriend are perfect for the post apocalypse, and the latter never seems to get the recognition he deserves. I’d also highly recommend Magyar Posse - Kings of Time. It’s one of the only other albums that has that epic apocalyptic feel of GsY!BE. Daturah also has a few good tracks that fit imo, like Ghost Track an Hybrisma. Now, off to check out those other albums you mention that I haven’t heard of!

Infamis: http://www.infamis.de/

Look him up on Spotify.

Crimsonland soundtrack and one of those scenarios that shove you deep into town.

This popped up just as I was getting ready to travel into the unknown, leaving a looted town behind.

Feels good, man.