Musically Cataclysmic: What do you listen to when playing Cataclysm?

As it says on the tin. What music have you listened to while playing Cataclysm?

I’m listening to the Manhunt soundtrack with my current game. It adds a whole new level of dread and despair in my opinion.

Either the metro 2033 soundtrack, or the metro: last light soundtrack.

And then there’s the walking dead ost.

The glitch mob.

Tenacious D - Tenacious D.

28 days/weeks later. Ultimate zombie music

A few things lately.

1: Libera me From Hell.
2: Actual Cannibal Shia Labeouf
3: Playback - Nieve
4: Cube World

Shia Lebeouf I think used to be a thing what could spawn and yeah.

I listen to “The Talking Book” by bill Gould and Jared blum.

With my very late game(mid-late winter year 1) extremely high skill char lately I go into towns fungal towers etc generally with ES Posthumus- Unstoppable sums up that char very well.

Otherwise, whole mixture of stuff.

Mostly pretty upbeat stuff, usually when I’m driving. Like Midnight Rambler (the Willie Nelson tune) or Roadrunner (Jonathan Richman). Right now I’m listening to Stone Fox Chase (which was the theme on Old Grey Whistle test, for anyone who remembers that).

Marilyn Manson - Heart Shaped Glasses (album version, 2007)

“I don’t mind you keeping me on pins and needles,
If I could stick to you and you stick me too”

Amazing bass line and a punchy riff with lotsa presence to it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

If you search for dread, search for The Dillinger Escape Plan.

RHCP - Even You, Brutus

Fun fact, but my player randomizer gives out the music that suits the moment perfectly. Like, some good 'ole Fatboy Slim’s “Apache” while driving a cabrio down the country road? Ten outta ten, soundtrack of the year.

Daymn, I wondered what could FS discography contain, but original track for “Apache” just kicked my brain out.
Play in the rain and don’t get wet
Walk through the desert and don’t even sweat

I find selecting individual music to be too troublesome. I usually listen do Dronezone or some other radio from SomaFM.

I found a dark ambient soundtrack_I might post a link to website later_ in one of the blogs. I’ve used it ever since, it just gives that noir feeling while playing the dark colored curses version.

Whatever’s playing on my audio player, right now it’s playing Death From Above 1979’s You’re A Woman, I’m A Machine album

Shaun of the dead theme all the way!

Godspeed You! Black Emperor’s F♯ A♯ ∞

Danny Boyle listened to it while writing 28 Days Later, so I figure it’s thematically appropriate.

Or audiobooks. H.P. Lovecraft, Bertrand Russell’s History of Western Philosophy, and Bill Bryson’s A Short History of Nearly Everything are on my list right now.

Light jazz. I play games mostly to relax. Also I found some nice free chip tune albums recently. OCremix also has some good stuff.

[tt][glow=black,2,300][size=12pt][MUFFLED DUBSTEP IN THE DISTANCE][/size][/glow][/tt]

Though in actuality it’s more anything that pandora decides to play.

Chaotic, by Waterflame

Rose at Nightfall, by Nemesis Theory

Ricochet Love, by Waterflame

NONE OF THESE TRACKS FIT CATACLYSM BUT I LOVE THEM