Any quick tips for outfit

I mean, what’s the best outfit? What should I look for?
Good or best boots, something to cover legs etc.

Depends, when not roleplaying I often go with:

-Cargopants
-Cargoshorts
-longsleved shirt
-chest rig/ utility vest
-messenger bag
-helmet of any kind
-sunglasess

• add backpacks if in a looting round

Offers enough storage for everyday activities, but youll probably need a shopping cart for the loots runs.

Tatictal dump pouches are nice.
MOLE packs seem to be the best for torso.
Drop leg pouches can help as wells

[quote=“MassiveEffectz, post:3, topic:5244”]Tatictal dump pouches are nice.
MOLE packs seem to be the best for torso.
Drop leg pouches can help as wells[/quote]

Yep those are probably the absolute best, not all to common though, so make sure you grab them if you find them.

What about footwear? Helmets?
Solder helmet was best some time ago.

People seem to focus on carrying capacity here.

Personally I like the army gear. With backpacks/molle packs/military packs for carrying capicity.

Some arm and leg guards for defense, and a vest with plates.

I go with:

• Head: Army Helmet, add Helmet Liner if it’s cold out. Helmet Netting for extra storage.
  • Face/eyes: Ballistic Glasses & Filter Mask as soon as I find them, replace with Survivor Mask as soon as I can make one.
  • Torso: For clothing: Camo Tank Top, add Army Jacket if it’s cold. For Protection: MBR Vest(Empty)(Fits). For Storage: 2 Chest Rigs, 2 MOLLE Packs, carry Duffel Bag as backup for moving larger things.
  • Arms: 2 Elbow Pads, sometimes add Hard Arm Guards.
  • Hands: 2 Tactical Gloves, add Glove Liners when it’s cold.
  • Legs: 2 Knee Pads for protection, Army Pants for warmth and storage, add second pair if it’s cold. 2 Drop Leg Pouches for extra storage.
  • Feet: Steel Toed Boots, add wool socks when cold.

And, of course, as many slotless items as possible, Reinforce everything, and Fit as many as possible.

Thank you, I’ll know what to look for.

And what that multilayer system is? I noted new command.

[quote=“Fenix-Ф, post:8, topic:5244”]Thank you, I’ll know what to look for.

And what that multilayer system is? I noted new command.[/quote]You mean wearing two of an item? Yeah you can do that.

Don’t forget kneepads!

Also- the layering system allows you to re-order what clothing is closest to your skin and furthest out. As far as I know it only affects what clothing items will be hit/damaged first when you get attacked. It doesn’t always make sense right now (wearing a t-shirt over a backpack, for instance) but means that wearing covering items like trenchcoats on the outermost layer is a good way to keep your stuff from getting shredded by zombies.

Oh! Right, that layering system. Yes, I would advise wearing knee/elbow pads, hard arm/leg guards, kevlar/MBR vests, helmets, etc. on the outside.

Oh! Wow, so THAT’S what it is! I belive, my rain coat will be completely unharmed from this moment?

It should work like that. I don’t know whether or not it’ll get damaged if say, it’s the outermost layer on your arms, but on your torso it’s covered by a Kevlar vest.

Every guy I make is different depending on my start and the luck on what I find, but on my current guy, I have a fitted trenchcoat, fitted chest rig replaced by a fitted survivor vest as soon as I get it, fitted army pants, 2 fitted drop leg pouches, fitted light survivor suit as soon as I get it added on top, with arm guards of some kind, and a helmet of some kind. I prefer bone boots and gauntlets since they’re super easy to make and are really good considering, but chitin boots/gaunts are the best.

Ass filter mask or a scarf inf mouth is cold or bad stuff happens.

All this leaves me with 130+ volume and 0 Torso encumberance for my melee combat, which is awesome.

Here is a pic:

Pfft, I got 305 volume all the time with 4 torso enc.

Torso enc doesn’t matter if you shoot stuff like a coward, but when you’re up close and punching the shit out of zeds like a man, it comes in handy.

Torso enc doesn’t matter if you shoot stuff like a coward, but when you’re up close and punching the shit out of zeds like a man, it comes in handy.[/quote]

Dunno about that. Kinetic removal of feces via closed-hand force isn’t something I’d use to identify someone’s gender or sex. ;-|

That does it… now im all horny. :wink:

I’ve been playing only melee, and 90% of it was with a crude sword.

Head: Hardest thing I find
Eyes: Biofocal(since all my chars are far+nearsighted) + ballistiks
Mouth: Filter, if doing stupid things gas mask
Torso: Often a leatherjacket. Easy to obtain, enough armor to protect me good. Other Choices are Army Jackts and Hoodie/Trenchcoat. Add Backpacks of some sort if needed.
Arms: Hard Arm guars for extra protection, if I dont find any I use what I get since I use krav maga and block with arms.
Legs: Cargo pants, army pants, protectors, storageitems if needed
Hands: Tactical gloves, fingerless gloves
Feet: Combatboots

Often I end up wearing nearly full leather since I mostly stick to the forest.
For winter add fur.