Any quick tips for outfit

The best you can have is survivor gear and some tight underwear. You have to craft the survivor stuff, and some of the good underwear is quite rare to find. Bonus points are awarded for adding a fireproof middle layer.

Swords?! Do it like a man, with a combat knife! :slight_smile:

Also, 305 storage? How about rain? Still 4?

P.S> Does somebody know, how to refit MBR vests? It’s says “It could be refitted.” on the layering screen, but seving kits don’t work for that.

[quote=“qurvax, post:22, topic:5244”]Swords?! Do it like a man, with a combat knife! :slight_smile:

Also, 305 storage? How about rain? Still 4?

P.S> Does somebody know, how to refit MBR vests? It’s says “It could be refitted.” on the layering screen, but seving kits don’t work for that.[/quote]
I figured this one out yesterday!

Disassemble the vest. That’ll empty it. Then you can craft a new one.

Ouch, that’s not something i expected from “refitting”. Ofcourse i now how to get those damn plates out. They are just a dead weight imo.
So, no “MBR vest (fits)” for me, i quess?

[quote=“qurvax, post:24, topic:5244”]Ouch, that’s not something i expected from “refitting”. Ofcourse i now how to get those damn plates out. They are just a dead weight imo.
So, no “MBR vest (fits)” for me, i quess?[/quote]

Have not tested it, but perhaps you can refit the MBR vests with a welder or soldering iron. Some gear gets refitted that way. (Which we really need to document better).

[quote=“lootpack, post:21, topic:5244”]The best you can have is survivor gear and some tight underwear. You have to craft the survivor stuff, and some of the good underwear is quite rare to find. Bonus points are awarded for adding a fireproof middle layer.[/quote]Just wondering, do you learn how to make survivor items from a book or as my skills raise?

Survivor items are from skills raising.

Sweet!

You want at least 6 tailoring and some fabrication skills to make the survivor cargo pants/trenchcoat.
My endgame loadout usually looks like:
Molle pack
Surv. Trenchcoat
Surv. cargopants
Surv. Harness
Light Surv. boots
2x Tactical gloves.
Surv hood
Army helm
If per >10 Surv facemask, if not ballistic glasses and filter mask
Dump pouches x2
elbow and knee pads.
Leg drop pouch.

Torso/leg/hand enc is at 1, so enc isnt a real issue. Mouth at 2 is just something you learn to deal with for the sake of smokers. Feet is at zero cause thats the way I like it. Not much gets through my armor and ive got storage at about 180.

I usually start with the tailor prof. as it lets you craft some decent gear right off the bat. Starting loadout im looking at cargo pants, trenchcoat, backpack, leather helm/gloves, safety glasses, filter mask if I can, steelcaps (easy to find and fairly top notch shoes with 0 enc), plus whatever other armor wont cause me too many hassles enc wise. Bone and chitin stuff is fairly high tier and easy to make. I try and keep most of my enc at 0-1 on principle though.

Late game I usually have some serious winter gear in the ride for dealing with ice labs as well.

For me it allways ends up with
Head: Army helm, liner if cold as some have stated
Eyes: Balistic glasses
Mouth: Long fur scarf for general use, replace with survivor’s mask for dangerous places/smoker zeds.
Torso: Duffel bag, Survivor’s trenchcoat and army jacket, if I find a fireman’s toolbelt then it goes in there too
Arms: Elbow pads.
Hands: Reinforced fingerless gloves and Chitinous gauntlets
Legs: Survivor’s cargo pants, Holster, any kind of underwear depending on season
Feet: Fireproof socks and Steel-Toed boots.

I usually end up with over 260 volume with that (I did have the packmule trait tough).