Gearing up: armor and clothing

So, after i got almost killed in my last night raid, i decided to pay attention to this. Here are the results. Did i forget anything?

Torso:
camo tank top
kevlar vest
hoodie
survivor trenchoat
scabbard

Head:
heavy survivor helmet
helmet netting
helmet netting
Eyes&Mouth
survivor mask

Arms:
hoodie
survivor trenchoat
elbow pads
elbow pads

Hands:
glove liners
heavy survivor gloves

Legs:
boxer shorts
survivor cargo pants
leather chaps
leather chaps
knee pads
drop leg pouches
drop leg pouches

Feet:
flame resistant socks
flame resistant socks
heavy survivor boots
ankle holster
ankle holster

This is actually very light built. Both in the terms of encumbrance - only 1 eyes, mouth, and 2 on the feet and hands (and 4 on the head). Moreover, both feet and hands encumbrance can be brought down to zero with leather armor boots and gauntlets (but heavy survivor give way better protection). Or the chitinous equivalent for 1 encumbrance.

It is also spring/autumn built, its not very hot gear, comfortable at 11 degrees celsius. And it gives 128 volume (with packrat trait) - without backpack!

There are two questions remaining:

What to strap on the torso:

1. MBR vest. A bit hot, torso encumbrance at zero. If i add night goggles it would be great melee build, but without easy way to dispose of shockers quietly. And adding quivier adds encumbrance to torso.

2. Quivier. Less torso protection, but quiet way for ranged night attack. Still the problem with eye encumbrance if i add light amp goggles. It probably means no survivor mask because 6 eye encumbrance is punishing.

Or both, since it only gives one encumbrance on torso…

I also lack a way to craft survivor hood, which should be added, i ran out of kevlar sadly. Also, with MBR vest, for added torso protection, steel or ceramic (or even hard) plating easily trades it for encumbrance.

(there is also a bunch of fuzzy cat ears and tails strapped to my character, but, well :d)

Now i am off to armory to choose some kind of pistols for the ankle holsters…

Wear a dragon skin on your torso (y)

Oh fucking kill me, an NPC spawned in my underground armory!

Lol. I talked to her, and she said she is a master of martial arts… checked her with debug, and she is a ninja!

Its hilarious. I think i will try to convince her to join me. Perhaps trade her something valuable and debug myself Essence of Ninjutsu in return.

Lets hope she wont clear my armory in the process though.

Oh. Nice thing. Dont have it sadly.

[quote=“Maur, post:4, topic:8231”]Lol. I talked to her, and she said she is a master of martial arts… checked her with debug, and she is a ninja!

Its hilarious. I think i will try to convince her to join me. Perhaps trade her something valuable and debug myself Essence of Ninjutsu in return.

Oh. Nice thing. Dont have it sadly.[/quote]

Seal it all in a crate. Better safe than sorry.

[quote=“Maur, post:4, topic:8231”]Lol. I talked to her, and she said she is a master of martial arts… checked her with debug, and she is a ninja!

Oh. Nice thing. Dont have it sadly.[/quote]

Then wear a heavy medium or light survivor suit on your torso and swap out your survivor cargo pants.
( i tend to wear heavy cause its a beast)

[quote=“Valpo, post:6, topic:8231”]Then wear a heavy medium or light survivor suit on your torso and swap out your survivor cargo pants.
( i tend to wear heavy cause its a beast)[/quote]
Is the (admittedly great) protection worth the additional encumbrance?

[quote=“Maur, post:7, topic:8231”][quote=“Valpo, post:6, topic:8231”]Then wear a heavy medium or light survivor suit on your torso and swap out your survivor cargo pants.
( i tend to wear heavy cause its a beast)[/quote]
Is the (admittedly great) protection worth the additional encumbrance?[/quote]

Yes.
Not only does it protect your torso. But your arms and legs too at 100% coverage! that means you ll never get hit on these parts from zombies without your armor.
Its is also easy to repair because it doesn t need kevlar plates to do so.
Encumbrance makes you dodge less often but if you never take dmg who cares? if you do not have high dex nor parcour expert Just shoot those hulks down (One of the rare targets that might be worth a bullet )
add to that the 10 enviromental protection which stops spores from slowing you down on your arms legs and torso (donn a complete surviver gear and you ll not get hindered or infected at all and can walk through a fungal forest like a boss)