Any mod to make fighting really dangerous?

This game is amazing and definitely the best roguelike sandbox I ever played. But one core thing I don’t like - it’s unfun to kill zeds and creatures left and right easily, Diablo-style, while shrugging off their bites and hits with your mighty t-shirt+sweater.

Is there any mod or any way to make it more thrilling? Something to make you really want to avoid fighting unless it’s necessary, something to make them able to hurt you with a solid chance. Clothing shouldn’t stop teeth and claws like it’s a chainmail… You shouldn’t be able to slaughter 20-30 zombies with a hockey stick without even being seriously hurt…

Something like x5 dmg on all creatures would probably work.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Have you tried activating wander spawns, or increasing the spawn rate scaling factor to 8.0?

Use the built in mods to make them fast, tough, have night vision. Then set monster evolution scaling factor to 0.01. Pisskops mod adds more dangerous zeds, I don’t know if the full thing is in the mainlined mods list yet so I would suggest the one in his thread.

Really a sweater and a t-shirt? I mean yea once you get some leather clothes and very basic armor plain zeds are simple…

Well that’s just about quantity, right? I want quality!

This one sounds interesting. So with 0.01 evo scaling basic zeds are non existant or they are in place but instantly more powerful?

Also… If there is a built in mod to make them x2 hitpoints or x2 speed, is it possible to make one for x2 damage?

This one sounds interesting. So with 0.01 evo scaling basic zeds are non existent or they are in place but instantly more powerful?

Also… If there is a built in mod to make them x2 hit points or x2 speed, is it possible to make one for x2 damage?

Never had the mechanics of the evolution factor adequately explained to me. But from my own observations it would start making the zeds evolve very rapidly to instantly, and constantly. I my self dislike the speed of it so I push it all the way back to 100, I want mean zeds but even at a reasonable number I find hulks day one and that irritates me.

I dunno if tough increases their damage. Otherwise there may be a mod in the thread some where that does. Check the stickied list at the top of this section for the excellently curated mod list.

Well that’s just about quantity, right? I want quality!

This one sounds interesting. So with 0.01 evo scaling basic zeds are non existant or they are in place but instantly more powerful?

Also… If there is a built in mod to make them x2 hitpoints or x2 speed, is it possible to make one for x2 damage?[/quote]

Heh, I up the spawn rate by one each season, and it gets impossible to survive quickly. I’ve faced down literal oceans of zombies hungering for my flesh before… And lost, even when I was strong enough to make zombies to EXPLODE, like, no loot, etc, with a well-placed strike. Is a lot of fun hurrying on building an perfect death castle to protect yourself from the unending hoards!

PK’s reimagining is freaking incredible. It totally brings back the nail biting insanely tough game from before reach weapons and running, without nerfing reach weapons and running.

And it improves on it, if you get to the first winter, the game still gets tougher and tougher.

Also, he gets rid or nerfs some of the crappy cheaty things you can do. And he ups the frequency of some things that make sense to up.

His Doom mod, by itself, is really really tough as well.

[quote=“TheKobold, post:5, topic:11842”]

This one sounds interesting. So with 0.01 evo scaling basic zeds are non existent or they are in place but instantly more powerful?

Also… If there is a built in mod to make them x2 hit points or x2 speed, is it possible to make one for x2 damage?

Never had the mechanics of the evolution factor adequately explained to me. But from my own observations it would start making the zeds evolve very rapidly to instantly, and constantly. I my self dislike the speed of it so I push it all the way back to 100, I want mean zeds but even at a reasonable number I find hulks day one and that irritates me.

I dunno if tough increases their damage. Otherwise there may be a mod in the thread some where that does. Check the stickied list at the top of this section for the excellently curated mod list.[/quote]
evolution is not instantaneous. rather the game places monsters, then tries to upgrade them. So far as i can tell it uses the same point value for both (‘spawn cost points’ (monster diff/cost multiplier)). there may be some kind of point granting mechanic for evo though, to allow them to upgrade and spawn in cases such as a genning new areas.
the scaling factor likely influences how many points the evolution mechanic gets.

evo happens when ctitters are loaded into the reality bubble, using the spawn points. this means that, in theory, you shoud never see 800 hulks. but …

Evo can also happen onscreen, or so im led to believe by my own experience ingame, but thatd be uncommon at best. a message will pop if something upgrades insight.

zombie masters can and will upgrade their allies.

necromancers can raise anything with a revive tag without a nonecro tag, fyi. this converts the corpse to the necros faction, enabling uograding that way.

Unless it’s been fixed in the last 3ish months (very possible), hitting a zombie hard enough that its corpse is auto-pulped makes it to where you can’t smash it, but leaves it without the nonecro tag, so the only way to deal with it is to butcher it. I’ve seen that a good bit on kid zombies and skeletal dogs - VERY annoying when there’s a necro near by, especially when you’re in the right damage range that you re-auto-pulp them when they get back up… meaning they can just get up again.