Animal Spawns out of control?

Please fix those spawns, ok?
After my computer needed like half a minute for reading 15 minutes a book I thought it was enough!
I took my machete and chased those squierrels like half the day until I realised they are too fast.

Then I got slaughterd by a bear.
Oh yeah and that bear also killed a NPC.

edit: My english sucks even more when it’s 3am. :smiley:

daftfad pushed a fix, should be addressed next release, or you can grab the latest from git now.

p.s. the bug was my fault, sorry.

At least it is fixed now :smiley:

I can’t boast quite that high of numbers outside my wilderness home, but is it intended that every single wilderness spawn finds its way to your door? I spend the night in a house in the middle of the woods, and when I woke up there were plenty of “noise” ?'s around. I looked out the window and saw loads of wolves and jumping spiders just waiting for me. I read a book for a while, hoping they would go away, but they are still just sitting outside my windows. Hoping I’ll open the door clearly since they can’t do anything else.

Why don’t they lose interest after a while? And how did they find me without ever seeing me? Doesn’t smell go away after a while?

EDIT: Day 2, AFTER beating off yesterdays creeps…

Yeah, those beasts love camping the shit out of you…
Best thing you could do is to open a window and let getting slowed down by the window frame while you murder them.

I should also note that I’m using the Windows binary, is it out of date?

Are you using the latest build from the announcement subforum?

The windows executable you will find in the announcements are typically stable, The more bleeding edge stuff you will have to download and compile yourself.

Yeah, I realized that after posting. I’m running compiled from source now :slight_smile:

I update my github very frequently, and it often breaks save compatibility, so I’d suggest being very careful with running the bleeding edge version. Don’t update if you have a character active, and be prepared to rollback if I’ve broken something.

That’s the nice part about developing a roguelike game, right? Nobody can get too attached to their doomed playthings characters. Would any difference be expected between Cataclysm compiled on Windows vs. Linux? Just for the sake of future bug reports and the like.