Animal Spawns out of control?

So i just started playing the latest release (5th January) , and after a few attempts i managed to make it into the second day succesfully with a ruger red hawk and a heap of supplies. I had camped out in a mine the day before. When i woke at 8 am, i was literally surrounded by wolves. There was a lineup of wolves outside each window, followed by about 10 thousand spiders.
I managed to pick off a few by just opening the door and killing them as they came in, but eventually everyone has to reload.
Should spawns be nerfed? (even for a few days at the start).
I also couldn’t help but notice in my night raid into town that there was quite a few specialty zombies (skeletons and fast zombies mainly).
Have the spawns been ramped up or am I just getting soft?
[URL=http://filesmelt.com/][/URL]

That’s a pretty annoying thing, I tell you. Although I have never seen it so seriously (com’on, 37 wolves is just crazy).

All we can do is hope they fix it soon.

I’ve always thought that the hordes are way too large. Apart from zombies, the rat spawns in caves are crazy.

[quote=“dwarfhoplite, post:3, topic:62”]I’ve always thought that the hordes are way too large. Apart from zombies, the rat spawns in caves are crazy.[/quote]I’m so accustomed to these crazy things that I even stopped thinking about the hundreds of rats as a bug.

I’m relatively certain the hundreds of rats in a cave are part of a special cave map :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“The Darkling Wolf, post:5, topic:62”]I’m relatively certain the hundreds of rats in a cave are part of a special cave map :P[/quote]Grabs gun
Puts on kevlar vest
Let’s find out…
Starts engine and drives away

I got a problem where I went into town at game start, got a bunch of survival gear and left again. Saw nothing as I was leaving town (0930 by this point) and then, finally, got back home to my NPC and SUDDENLY there are like… ten, twenty, thirty greens spawning all around us! The thing is we were really far out of town by this point, so I seriously doubt its spawn zone extended that far.

So yeah, could be part of the bug, or just a supermassive town :stuck_out_tongue:

I was swarmed by wolves upon leaving the shelter, 30 seconds into the game. It was the 28.Dec version, though.

So… Less hostile wildlife spawns?

this infact not a bug this has happened to people since cata started its just the RNG screwing with you

this infact not a bug this has happened to people since cata started its just the RNG screwing with you[/quote]

From what I’ve seen lately, it’s much more frequent. I don’t know what I’ve done to piss the spirits of the forest off so much, because I’ve never seen so many wolves, jumping spiders, wolf spiders, and worst of all, squirrels. So many damn squirrels.

On the plus side, so much meat.

Since whales has quit, plankton sacrifices have declined a lot. So the RNG gods are rapeing all of you fools.

wait now that kev and darkling are our devs what should we sacrifice now? squirrels?

Wolve corpses.

copies of non-free software

That’s an acceptable sacrifice.

http://thepiratebay.org/

Yarr!

[quote=“gtaguy, post:17, topic:62”]http://thepiratebay.org/

Yarr![/quote]

To sacrifice do we download the delete an ISO repeatedly? Does it count if I copy it or do I have to redownload and sacrifice bandwith too?

I will sacrifice wolve corpses, returning their souls to DW.

The sacrifice is complete.