Wolf Spiders.... Wolf Spiders everywhere

So. Many. Spiders.

I

I’m not 100% but I believe animals (spiders included) dynamically spawn so you could get SUPER unlucky and get then literally EVERYWHERE!

I’ve had too many encounters where I’ve been woken up by a spider eating my face, somehow it spawned in my house.

My main issue with spiders is the leaping spiders, they keep spawning inside the house and hitting me, then leaping away.
I wake up and I’m already severely poisoned and bleeding, and I can’t even see any enemies because it’s still the middle of the night.

[quote=“Nopkar, post:2, topic:1269”]I’m not 100% but I believe animals (spiders included) dynamically spawn so you could get SUPER unlucky and get then literally EVERYWHERE!

I’ve had too many encounters where I’ve been woken up by a spider eating my face, somehow it spawned in my house.[/quote]

Same, I was woke up from my sleep from a Wolf spider chewing on my head with my last character. I survived till winter ):.

Didn’t see a zombie, of zombie related anything for weeks. Just spiders, lots and lots of spiders.

yeah, o-o they are pretty much everywhere. just dig a ton of pits everywhere and they are bound to fall in at least one of them. although it’s kinda irritating how when you wan’t them to chase you so you can troll them with pits they take forever to chase you, and when you don’t want them to they appear outta nowhere and eat your face.

Wolfspaida HEYOOOOOO!

Yeah pits (both spiked and non-spiked) works wonders. Other than that i recommend high levels of unarmed + taekwando, firearms and flammable arrows. I tend to oneshot wolf spiders with the last one :slight_smile:

Speaking of spiders, when does the black widows start to appear? I have never seen one :confused:

IIRC black widows only show up in places like infested houses (similar to giant wasps).

o-o for my archer character there is a smoker zombie hanging out in a black widow lair… im just gonna save some laws to just blow it to oblivion

i suggest burning the place to oblivion. It’s far more enjoyable.

i guess your right… i should have saved the laws for the triffids. and not have shot a law at the gas station that was next to the house which was incredibly disappointing that there was no boom other than the law. although i still have a present for the triffids, several presents…

You can kill them with sustained fire from low-caliber firearms and even a nailgun in burst mode in a pinch.

i think i may have inadvertently chose the worst possible place for a base, to NW is a triffid grove to the north is black widows, to the NE is ants and to the south is fungaloids o-o the only thing i can think of that would make it worse is if the bear surpises actually work on me and being near a swamp and beehive. at least archery’s pretty good.
by the way, is there an end to the spawn pool for wolf spiders i killed 48 of them already.

I’m think there’s an end to all spawn pools. Only problem is, it’s VERY, VERY large.