Animal Carriers + Laptop Uses

These are just two ideas I had and wished to share with the community.

Animal Carrier Baskets

These would be a small, but lovely addition to the game. Previously when I owned a couple of cats in the game, I tried fitting them in to my car to drive them to a new house, but the game decided running them over was a sickeningly funnier thing to do.

With Animal Carriers, the kind you’d use to take an animal to the vets for example, you could simply put the desired domesticated pet in the carrier, then carry them around like an item, so you don’t have to play the pied piper for an army of cats or dogs to move them from place to another.

Laptops

Apart from creating a control laptop or disassembling them, they are practically useless. Why not allow us to hack in to your every day laptops with good computer skill and download things from them on to a USB drive? Perhaps you could even find a laptop with valuable software on it such as the Maths or Hacking software.

[quote=“Umbra Vorago, post:1, topic:7554”]These are just two ideas I had and wished to share with the community.

Animal Carrier Baskets

These would be a small, but lovely addition to the game. Previously when I owned a couple of cats in the game, I tried fitting them in to my car to drive them to a new house, but the game decided running them over was a sickeningly funnier thing to do.

With Animal Carriers, the kind you’d use to take an animal to the vets for example, you could simply put the desired domesticated pet in the carrier, then carry them around like an item, so you don’t have to play the pied piper for an army of cats or dogs to move them from place to another.

Laptops

Apart from creating a control laptop or disassembling them, they are practically useless. Why not allow us to hack in to your every day laptops with good computer skill and download things from them on to a USB drive? Perhaps you could even find a laptop with valuable software on it such as the Maths or Hacking software.[/quote]

Critter carriers are easy to say and MUCH tougher to code. >_<

Laptops, decent idea. Write up and file a PR.

[quote=“KA101, post:2, topic:7554”]Critter carriers are easy to say and MUCH tougher to code. >_<

Laptops, decent idea. Write up and file a PR.[/quote]

Come oooon, you know you want to code them, think of all those poor homeless cats that needs re-homing. <3

Also, thanks, I’m assuming PR stands for “Player Request”, if so, where would I file it?

You assumption is wrong. It means “Pull request”, and write up means “Write up the code yer darn self”.

[quote=“Umbra Vorago, post:3, topic:7554”][quote=“KA101, post:2, topic:7554”]Critter carriers are easy to say and MUCH tougher to code. >_<

Laptops, decent idea. Write up and file a PR.[/quote]

Come oooon, you know you want to code them, think of all those poor homeless cats that needs re-homing. <3

Also, thanks, I’m assuming PR stands for “Player Request”, if so, where would I file it?[/quote]

No, I plan on working up some overdue mutations today, maybe look into JSONizing firearm sound levels. Thanks, for not telling me what I think, in future.

A PR is a pull request. You write up the code for laptop interactions, sure, we’ll be glad to test & merge it. Ninja is a bit more hostile than I’d be on the topic, but the reality is that there are very few core devs and many many MANY players who all think their idea is good, easy-to-code, and should be implemented.

In practice, most ideas are worth considering (at least for mod territory). Some deserve to make it into mainline. If I had a magic “add highlighted idea to mainline” button when browsing the forums, I’d use it: probably once or twice a day after the initial rush. The reality is that ideas need coded in order to implement, and it’s hella easier to say “X should be in the game” than it is to actually put X in the game.

Didn’t mean to sound like I was telling you what you think, sorry! Dx

And okay, I understand, if I knew anything about coding I’d happily write one, although not only do I have no knowledge of the area, if I were to attempt to write one my codes would probably break everything, so I suppose this’ll just have to remain an idea in the wind unless anyone reading this decides “Oh, that sounds nice!” :stuck_out_tongue:

Animal/Vehicle Interactions would probably be a nightmare to code; I mean, look at the coding for player interactions!

You could probably just add SD cards to the laptop/PDAs disassembling recipe and call it a day though.

An animal carrier would pack a creature into an item, unfortunately the easiest way to do that would act more like a pokeball than a real pet carrier. Making doing things to the item apply those same effects to the creature would be a lot more work.

Hulk-amon, go!

inb4 pokemon mod

Digimon, i choose you!
Wait a second…
But yeah, if someone is able to make that It would be awesome