Ammunition rebalance feedback

What are your thoughts on the changes to rifle rounds? How have they affected gameplay for you? What do you think of the new names and descriptions?

Pistol cartridges and the remainder of the rifle rounds should be done before too much longer.

I have not updated recently. What has exactly happened?

@BigLie http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=10693.0

Has been interesting to see. And glad you handled 5.45x39mm after I mainlined it, I was reluctant to mess with the mod’s version. ^^"

Now if only you knew how to code ammo type overlap for guns…

Did nobody even notice the changes?

Nobody’s complaining, so that must be a good thing. Honestly I haven’t gotten to the stage in the recent experimentals of loading up the doom wagon and going around shooting everything with reckless abandon yet. New descriptions are nice though.

I’m nobody. ;_;

Nobody's complaining, so that must be a good thing.
Ha, yeah. There's another game I'm fairly heavily involved with where nobody ever talks about balance unless something is broken.
New descriptions are nice though.
What do you think of the detail level? I thought measurements and weight/type of the bullet were enough relevant information but still something everyone would understand.

@Random_dragon you didn’t make any comments on the gameplay impact so I assumed you hadn’t tried them yet.

So far I haven’t had enough ammo in my adventures to thoroughly test jhow they different from the old versions, but I have made a few comments of the PRs before. Plus I did add a thank you for tweaking the 5.45mm ammo. >_>

Had no time to check the newer experimentals yet, but I looked at the ammunition with the Item browser. I like th new names a whole lot, and, am I correct that most ammo types have a higher damage now? Seems to be that way at least.

Obviously I wasn’t able to test them ingame yet, but I’m definitely interested in trying them out. I wonder if my favourite guns change due to the ammo changes :3

I rarely ever use projectile weapons that use bullets.
So even if i use them now i won t notice much of a differense to something i barely even used before.

I like it, the attention to detail is a nice touch. I also noticed that there’s a not insubstantial difference between the damage potential of reloaded ammunition and the factory standard stuff, which is both realistic and cool.

am I correct that most ammo types have a higher damage now? Seems to be that way at least.
The majority of rifle rounds got a damage increase. With pistol rounds it looks like most are getting their damage lowered.
I also noticed that there's a not insubstantial difference between the damage potential of reloaded ammunition and the factory standard stuff
I plan to change the reloaded rounds to reflect the new stats of commercial ammunition. Currently there is probably a bizarre difference between a lot of handloaded ammo and pre-cataclysm rounds.

Ah, I just took a look at the Item Browser and noticed that it seemed like reloaded ammunition hadn’t been updated yet. Good to know your working on it, liking the changes to the 9x19mm already, the Calico has never seemed more viable and I might actually bother carrying around a Beretta as a sidearm now.

[quote=“SteelBlueWolf, post:13, topic:10122”]

am I correct that most ammo types have a higher damage now? Seems to be that way at least.

The majority of rifle rounds got a damage increase. With pistol rounds it looks like most are getting their damage lowered.[/quote]
As a wise man once said, [quote=“BoxOfTruthGuy”]Pistols are pistols, and rifles are rifles.[/quote]

Glad to see I’m not the only one who’s read those. o3o

The handgun ammo changes are in, along with the rifle rounds I missed last time. Most handgun ammo types have similar or lower damage to before and the two cannonballs (.454, .500 S&W) got a major damage increase (now 50, 55 respectively), although they also have colossal recoil (similar to 300WM). Rivet also updated 8x40mm and 5x50mm ammunition (https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/13091).

[quote=“SteelBlueWolf, post:17, topic:10122”]https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/12988

The handgun ammo changes are in, along with the rifle rounds I missed last time.[/quote]

This changes are only stats wise (damage and recoil) or they also change the description, like it happened to some rifle rounds?

@Agoelia All the rounds I have changed have new stats and descriptions.