Achievements

I know this is planned. if some of us want to try to work on this, where would you suggest we start to plug this into the code? I dont know C well, but i downloaded the code and have looked at it.
it would probably be best to add a system that uses jsons.

Well i don’t know about coding them but i could surely throw achievements and their names. If it isn’t against the purpose of this thread, of course.

The most related code is in player.cpp, the various methods with “memorial” in the name. add_memorial_log() is called when significant events happen, and it records them so they can later be written out to the player memorial file.

There’s also a stat-tracking system that works with the memorial system. It currently tracks squares walked, headshots, damage taken, and damage healed.

You could use it as the start of an achievement system by tracking relevant variables and awarding achievements for killing 100 defenceless rabbits or whatever you intend to award achievements for - use a function to increase the variable in question rather than doing so directly for less copying-and-pasting.

[quote=“Ian Strachan, post:4, topic:3705”]There’s also a stat-tracking system that works with the memorial system. It currently tracks squares walked, headshots, damage taken, and damage healed.

You could use it as the start of an achievement system by tracking relevant variables and awarding achievements for killing 100 defenceless rabbits or whatever you intend to award achievements for - use a function to increase the variable in question rather than doing so directly for less copying-and-pasting.[/quote]

It tracks squares walked between saves, it resets on load

It… shouldn’t. Is this 0.8 stable or an experimental? If it’s the latter, that’s a bug, but I could have sworn I fixed that already.

It… shouldn’t. Is this 0.8 stable or an experimental? If it’s the latter, that’s a bug, but I could have sworn I fixed that already.[/quote]

I haven’t checked recently, it might be fixed by now XD sorry