Accidently closing Cdda [X]

so… while teaching my friend to play Cataclysm:DDA, my friend accidently clicked

(not on purpose, tried to click an overlapping window)
and, point being the game closes instantly when you click the [X] is it possible to make a “really quit? (y/n)” prompt?

Nope, that’s a windows thing (and can save your arse in bad situations).

You’re just gonna have to be more careful. DDA || DF, not both at the same time. :wink:

Yeah, it’s been happening to me ever since I started using windowed mode.
Also for some reason it happens right after I drink a mutagen and get something I don’t like. Bug or feature?

[quote=“FrankyPlaysGames, post:3, topic:8855”]Yeah, it’s been happening to me ever since I started using windowed mode.
Also for some reason it happens right after I drink a mutagen and get something I don’t like. Bug or feature?[/quote]

That’s a wontfix. We specifically make no effort to enforce permadeath/no-quitting-without-saving.

So much appreciation for that, by the way. While on the subject of save scumming, where is the point of no return, when it comes to character death/save deletion?
Right when they die? When the gravestone/graveyard is written? Can I view the last moments of my life and close the game and reload alive?

No matter how hard i try to savescum if one of my characters die my mind registers them as dead, even if they are still alive they are dead to me… i tried.

If you savescum for best results you can as well just use debug mode which gives the desired effect faster.

Once you take lethal damage, that’s it. Bail whilst alive or you’re gonna get the death-save.

The last time i checked the option to view a few seconds after you death was it? you can still bail then even though your technicly dead already… unless that has been changed recently.

The last time i checked the option to view a few seconds after you death was it? you can still bail then even though your technicly dead already… unless that has been changed recently.[/quote]

Yeah, but the game saves on death, so you get your previous corpse and any terrain effects that may have taken place.

The last time i checked the option to view a few seconds after you death was it? you can still bail then even though your technicly dead already… unless that has been changed recently.[/quote]

Yeah, but the game saves on death, so you get your previous corpse and any terrain effects that may have taken place.[/quote]
Actually, I have found that if you close the window when it asks if you want to see the final moments of your life, it won’t remember any info about the death, assuming you didn’t answer the Y/N prompt.

okay so… i googled a bit and found an … external solution for this problem for those who want
http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/index.html#NoClose
start the program, then close it (it runs in the taskbar) then in Cdda press Ctrl + 1 (to disable/enable the [X])
now you cant accidently close Cdda :smiley: good solution if you wanna be on the safe side

edit: typo

They become mentally dead to me

Pretty sure we reversed the save-on-death thing, it just moves your most recent save from the save folder to the graveyard folder. If that’s not what it’s doing it’s a bug.

Could’ve sworn dying preserved the world state, but wev, I’ve not specifically tested that in a while. Good to know.