Save-killer? was Never, never do this

People…

Never, and I say never, save and quit while your vehicle is moving.

I’ve been crying for five minutes.

I really thought problems with moving cars had been adressed? Anyways, sorry to hear than, man! D:

What version are you using? Saving in a moving vehicle has been fixed for a while now.

I’m using the experimental 61fee41

Did you save and quit, or did you hit the buttons to save and then close the window?
The former should work fine whether you’re in a vehicle or not, the latter is going to wreck things badly.

I’ve been unable to reproduce this, even when trying to do so by closing the program in the middle of saving (it saves too quickly and is finished by the time the window closes) can you post the exact steps you took to cause it?

uhm…I don’t remember. I find it difficult that I quit by closing the window because I play fullscreen, but I can’t be sure 100% that I didn’t alt-tab. Maybe it was alt-tabbing, and then close the window.

Something similar happened to me, i was driving my car and it autosaved at some point. Then SURPRISE ANTIMATTER TURRET BOOOOOM giant fireball and my car is a pile of flaming metal.

I savescummed by closing the window before it auto-saved before my death, and loaded the last autosave. I found myself on the road, my vehicle gone, but i was still driving something, because i had to press " ^ " to let the controls go to move again.

[quote=“Basilisk132mm, post:8, topic:9083”]Something similar happened to me, i was driving my car and it autosaved at some point. Then SURPRISE ANTIMATTER TURRET BOOOOOM giant fireball and my car is a pile of flaming metal.

I savescummed by closing the window before it auto-saved before my death, and loaded the last autosave. I found myself on the road, my vehicle gone, but i was still driving something, because i had to press " ^ " to let the controls go to move again.

[/quote]

Oops, you closed the program whilst it was waiting on the death-save, and you got Weird Stuff.

That’s a known consequence of trying to cheat the deathsave. So don’t ragequit like that, and you’ll be fine–just move the file back from the graveyard folder or something.

Yeah i was aware forcing the game like that does weird stuff. It was a very advanced character and i had few backup saves so i just lost like 5 minutes of playing. I was just giving my feedback here, because it could be related to OP’s bug.