0.C (Stable windows) Deathcam working oddly

I’m not sure how Deathcam should work.

I died by running over a gas pump in a car going a good 20+ mph.

“You’re caught in the explosion” was the last message.

Asked to watch the deathcam. I said sure.

What I see.
My corpse blinking. I’m dead with no head left. (was at … before this)
every zed that was nearby and within sound range 7
walking over and pounding on my car.
time ticking by in 6s increments. we’re on 5 hrs now.

Shouldn’t the loop close on the reply after showing me the deathcam. (not that I saw any exploision, this happened immediately).

So even if I died instantly, I’d expect the loop to close and it to at least kick me to a menu. I now have to kill the game for this. Which if the game didn’t save. Will pop me back alive.

edit: Checking the character is still alive. I have autosave for 15min. It probably should have kicked off, but it feels like it was actually stuck in a deathcam loop that never completed so the normal processing wasn’t working. (No commands work)

Uh, did it ask you to push something to quit? If it did, you did, and it didn’t catch, then that’s a bug–thanks–but the deathcam doesn’t stop on its own.

No keys worked. I took time to hit every one. Nothing would quit.

Time was a constant 6s tick as after I hit y for wanting to watch the deathcam.

By the time I killed it with the X in the corner, after writing the bug report I think 7-9hrs ingame had passed.

[quote=“Kryxx, post:3, topic:9131”]No keys worked. I took time to hit every one. Nothing would quit.

By the time I killed it with the X in the corner, after writing the bug report I think 7-9hrs ingame had passed.[/quote]

Bloody hell, then. We had that happen once before; fixed, and now apparently unfixed. Thanks for reporting. Version and OS/engine?

Windows terminal drops keypresses when at 100% cpu. Maybe the fix wasn’t tested under heavy load?

[quote=“KA101, post:4, topic:9131”][quote=“Kryxx, post:3, topic:9131”]No keys worked. I took time to hit every one. Nothing would quit.

By the time I killed it with the X in the corner, after writing the bug report I think 7-9hrs ingame had passed.[/quote]

Bloody hell, then. We had that happen once before; fixed, and now apparently unfixed. Thanks for reporting. Version and OS/engine?[/quote]

Running the SDL/Tiles, .C from whatever is on the main page. If the Tileset matters, I’m using ChestHole with the release.

I’m running windows 7 64bit sp1. Had plenty of ram free (4gb+). None of my 4 cores on the i-5 were at more than 50% during this.