Ability to hack one of your own arms or legs off

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:40, topic:5003”]Without your legs, you can crawl with your arms.

Without anything… YOU CAN ROLL![/quote]
Come back here and take what’s coming to ya! I’ll bite your legs off!

But how would you interact with anything without arms? How manage your inventory?

“Your arms an legs are gone. You can’t move” is the applicable flavor text for everything.

So no arms would be basically a non-standard game over? As you can only move around that is. And nothing at all if you have no limbs left? Hmm, perhaps it could work, not sure…

So no arms would be basically a non-standard game over? As you can only move around that is. And nothing at all if you have no limbs left? Hmm, perhaps it could work, not sure…[/quote]

after reading this i got one thing stuck in my head

[size=18pt]WHO’S LAUGHING NOW!!![/size]

Culture Three, anyone?

I like this idea a lot.
Might be kinda cool too if you were able to gnaw your limbs off in the absence of anything sharp, or if you get your leg caught in a bear trap with a ton of zeds hot on your trail and no time to free yourself.

[quote=“Mad Jackal, post:47, topic:5003”]I like this idea a lot.
Might be kinda cool too if you were able to gnaw your limbs off in the absence of anything sharp, or if you get your leg caught in a bear trap with a ton of zeds hot on your trail and no time to free yourself.[/quote]
Should require some mutation though, like fangs or claws or something. Otherwise I am not sure if humans would be capable of such a feat.

Oh, another possible problem:
What about CBMs or mutations that you install in your hands or legs?

I get the feeling this would be much harder to implement, then it seems at first.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:40, topic:5003”]Without your legs, you can crawl with your arms.

Wuy oh wuy have i got the mental image of a survivor, with no arms or legs, scuttling along the ground in mechanical centipede style legs ? Could also be mutant legs too!

PS: Also he has some sort of laser eye CBM/mutation… whats wrong with me?

[quote=“Jaso11111, post:49, topic:5003”][quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:40, topic:5003”]Without your legs, you can crawl with your arms.

Wuy oh wuy have i got the mental image of a survivor, with no arms or legs, scuttling along the ground in mechanical centipede style legs ? Could also be mutant legs too!

PS: Also he has some sort of laser eye CBM/mutation… whats wrong with me?[/quote]human centipede anyone?

No.

If you lost both arms, there is still the option of the certain computer in hospitals.

Also, there are functional people who only use their feet and legs, due to deformaties. i think it’s rather plausible that one could survive without arms. Without arms and legs… i don’t know about that.

Ladyfingers. They taste just like ladyfingers.[/quote]

This is one of the relatively few King stories I found terrifying.[/quote]

I read this and didn’t get it at all. Starvation is basically autocannibalism anyway, what would he possibly gain from eating his own limbs?

Ladyfingers. They taste just like ladyfingers.[/quote]

This is one of the relatively few King stories I found terrifying.[/quote]

I read this and didn’t get it at all. Starvation is basically autocannibalism anyway, what would he possibly gain from eating his own limbs?[/quote]

People need food anyways. If you were starving i am pretty sure you would not think about that.

Assuming you ate everything (ground the bones and whatnot), you might actually be able to gain some time due to there being less of your body that is calling for nutrients (though the cost of your body attempting to heal might cancel that out). At the least you would be able to ensure that your body “ate” the parts of your limbs before internally consuming your organs.

Nevertheless, self-cannibalization is a bad survival plan.

Feeling full, I suppose.

Although when you consider how many drugs he was taking, he might as well have just got super high and not bothered with eating. That would be a better alternative for dealing with hunger pangs…

Can’t we get back on track about the implementation of this?

I think we should.

Realistically I’d like to see actual penalties for having a broken (or eventually missing) limb prior to giving the player the ability to hack their’s off.

Wow, this is an interesting read. Thanks for sharing.