Ability to hack one of your own arms or legs off

I was watching Springer today, and it was a good one…

“I’m Glad I cut my Legs Off”.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA43DS2c12c

So I got to thinking, we have hacksaws in-game, cauterization, all that good stuff, so why can’t I hack off my legs?

Or what if my hand goes bad, and I have to lop it off at the wrist?

Mind you, I don’t want any attachments or prosthetics… Just… Mind you, the ability to hack off your own limbs.

Obviously, once you’re down to only one arm though, you can’t cut that arm off. That’d be unrealistic.

Listen to this man. He is a genious.
Realism and desesperation in only one action: Cutting your limb.

Great! Players who build bases in hospitals can have infinite food! I love it.

Oh my god yes. Amputate, eat, regrow, repeat.
Also a mutation that let’s you regrow limbs would be cool…

It would be a great last-ditch solution to infected extremities too, for those poor sods that get stuck with a bite wound and no means of treating it properly.

It’d be cool if bear traps were reworked to be harder to free yourself from if this was implemented. Not insanely hard, but maybe a strength check so if you’re weak from several days of no food and water, or whatever, you can’t simply pry the bear trap apart with your bare (opening the floodgates for puns here) hands.

It would be a great last-ditch solution to infected extremities too, for those poor sods that get stuck with a bite wound and no means of treating it properly.[/quote]

I like this idea!

I smell a massive morale penalty!

John Candlebury has been miserable lately. He has been attacked by the dead lately. He has been starving recently, he has sustained major injuries lately, he was forced to eat his left leg to survive. He has endured the pain of stem cell entreat recently, he was forced to eat his left leg to survive recently.

+1 for rare chance of dismemberment mishaps during severe drunkenness.

+1 because I want the regeneration perk to regrow limbs.

[size=24pt]I HUNGER FOR HUMAN FLESH.[/size]

So we’re all in general consensus:

This is a good idea. It should be added. For the Evil Dead reference, for the Walking Dead comic reference, for any zombie story in which a bitten area is infected and amputated…

Hell, anyone ever read Stephen King’s “Survivor Type”?

I would love an option that made zombie bites lethal, that one could present some nice (sadistically hard) challenge.

Ladyfingers. They taste just like ladyfingers.

You should be forced to do this with a hacksaw before installing the Blaster Arm CBM.

Oh, and sword legs for psychotic martial artists, because why not.

Tokyo gore police?

I want sword arms…

Like a T1000 stuck on knife arm-mode.

Or like Meryl from the Walking Dead, if he had to cut off both arms to escape the rooftop.

Sword arms, rake face, microwave chest…

Enough of this ridiculous tangent.

Can we get back on realistic amputation or are we just going to babble about microwave chest implants that would obviously take up way too much torso space that is needed for organs, and not a microwave?

Now, can’t a person cut his own arm or leg off in peace?